“Nice hotel, good location” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Weena 686, 3012 CN Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Cool)   |
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Frankfurt, Germany
“Nice hotel, good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Hotel is situated close to the train station.

rooms are comfortable, very nice beds, we had a superior room .. Mind there are no regular rooms.. Hotl crap.. You think you get a special room... :-)
We stayed on the fifth floor...

If you want to go higher up and get a bigger room, they offer it for 25 euro a night ...

Rooms are not very big, but comfortable, good drawer and shrank space, bathroom with bathtub. Rooms have AC, cannot open windows.. Stuffy..

Personnel is very friendly and helpful, room service is good and rooms are clean...

Negative...
Minibar.. Don't touch it, what you save in room prize, you will pay for the drinks,

no movie channel on tv.. Of course all that is extra... For a fee,

Wifi is not very stable....crashes several times ....

Breakfast is ok, but if I had to pay for it, it is not worth 28 euro...
All together a nice hotel, comfortable and I would stay there again....

Room Tip: Higher floor for the view.. Other than that... Does not matter...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Rubia1956

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and would consider staying with us again on a future visit.

Another thank you on sharing some improvement points you experienced throughout your stay; since this is an important way of recognizing critical factors for any organization: I will share your comments within the management in order to take appropriate measures.

Again, thank you for your stay, I look forward to welcome you back in the city of Rotterdam.

Kind regards,
Youp Bimbergen – Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Turkish first
Surabaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

right across the street from Centraal Station
never felt unsafe around the area even at 6.30 am when we had to take Thalys to Paris
lijnban and beursplein are right behind the hotel
great for shopping, albeit the shops close very early in my standard

room was the largest of all the 6 hotels we stayed during the trip
even with the extra bed and desk, there was a lot of space to move around
and the room was very clean too. bed very comfortable
the bathroom was superb
too bad the breakfast was expensive. had to opt out.

Dear JaySiauw,

Thank you very much for choosing the Manhattan hotel as your preferred place to stay and posting your experiences online on this website. We attach a lot of importance to your feedback and are truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to note you value the quality of the room and the location of the hotel.

We look forward to welcome you back in Rotterdam anytime!

Lutterworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed at the manhattan hotel on way from Calais to duinell. Booked two rooms for a family of 5 requesting ( and getting ) adjacent rooms for a total of £108 on Expedia including breakfast and free wifi. This is probably the best value hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms were very large with the most comfortable beds I have slept in for some time. Breakfast was a delight. Buffet style with a vast array of food available including breakfast cereal, hot "English " breakfast and some lovely fresh fruit. Staff were extremely pleasant.
The hotel is opposite the central railway station and close to the shopping centre. The surrounding area is currently being renovated but this was a very minor issue.
The only negative is that parking in the secured parking close to the hotel was 27 euros a day and looking at the on street parking close by this started at 0.5 euros for 9 minutes! Even if you add in the parking two rooms bed and breakfast cost us less than £135 for 2 rooms and I would think that this would be difficult to beat for value anywhere in Europe. My children have said that this is the best bit of (an excellent) holiday and are suggesting that we arrange next years holiday around a stay at the manhattan hotel!

Dear Graham J,

What a pleasure to read your kind words with regards to your recent stay with us. I am really happy to learn that we were able to provide such a pleasant and memorable stay for you and your family.

With regards to next year’s holiday; we all look forward to welcome you back in The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam! Please contact me personally on youp.bimbergen@manhattanhotelrotterdam.com in case I can assist with bookings.

Youp Bimbergen - Guest Relations Manager
Rotterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

First, I have to mention that I am not used to stay in 5 star hotels but due to an very good offer me and my girlfriend had a wonderful weekend at the Manhatten. In my eyes the staff was very friendly and helped us out if we needed any help. The rooms were really nice and we had a great view!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Steffen M.

Thank you very much for staying with us on your weekend break, in your own city! I really appreciate your words of appraisal and will certainly share them within our teams.
I am especially pleased to learn that you highly enjoyed the friendly service and helpful staff during your service.

I hope to be able welcome you and your girlfriend back in the hotel some day.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

What I loved
- Central location opposite the train station
- Spacious rooms
- Free wifi
- Quality breakfast

What I hated
- No real 5 star feel

My verdict
Those looking for 5 star luxury may feel slightly disappointed: tired furniture, meagre toiletries, two pairs of slippers but no bathrobes… Breakfast was excellent but, again, a little limited for a 5 star property. And yet, the Manhattan is a great place to stay if booked at the right rate. I would have no problem to return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Theo C,

Thank you very much for you recent stay with us and the valuable time you took to post your experiences online. We highly value your feedback, since this gives us the opportunity to recognize or determine areas of improvement in our service and product.

I am happy to learn that you appreciate the size of the rooms, the quality of the breakfast and the free wifi; however am sorry to discover that we were no able to completely meet your expectations. The conclusions of your ‘verdict’ will be discussed within the management of the hotel.

Again, thank you for the time spent you spent to summarize your thoughts; we look forward to welcome you back in the hotel.

Best regards,
Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was impressed by professionalism and dedication of the Hotel Team staff! Not something I experienced in Europe in the other hotels. Great. I felt like someone who is in the middle of their hearts
Great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear M_oto_res,

What a delight to hear that you had a truly unique stay with us; thank you very much for sharing your kind words on this website. Needless to say professionalism and dedication are among our important values, great to learn that in your eyes our level of service is truly unique in Europe.

Should you plan to return to the great city of Rotterdam, please do not hesitate to contact me personally in case of any requests or wishes.

Rotterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Really worth five stars. Just across the central station of Rotterdam and beside the shopping mall and Holland Casino. Parking is not really a problem because of a parking below the hotel: costs 3 euro one hour or 27 euro 24 hours.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Ed V,

Thank you for your kind note on this website; we greatly appreciate your positive comment with regards to your stay with us. I am happy to discover that you enjoyed your visit and highly recommend the location of the hotel.

I look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Best regards,
Youp Bimbergen – Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam? Share your experiences!