“Hotel situated in the center of the city.” 3 of 5 stars

The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Weena 686, 3012 CN Rotterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Hotel situated in the center of the city.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Average executive hotel room with a really poor executive lounge. Hotel room could be cleaned better. Helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. For the price payed facilities and services should be improved.

• Stayed April 2013
ManhattanHotel, General Manager at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear VedatM,

Thank you for having dedicated some of your valuable time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to note that you appreciate the location of our hotel as we are indeed situated right in front of the central station and in the city center of Rotterdam.

Your remarks with regard to the room and Executive Lounge will be taken into account. Many thanks again for providing us with your comments which enables us to further improve our organization.

I hope to be able to welcome you back personally to the hotel in the future.

W.J.R. Cross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights as part of a business trip. Lovely big corner room with very comfortable beds. Full bath and walk in shower. Granite counter could have done with a scrub as very water stained. Staff all very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good with lots of choice. Only complaints would be the cost of internet, astronomical - free wifi only available in the lobby and bar. There is a lot of construction work around the hotel and I barely slept the first night because of the noise of the road works under our window - I think they finally stopped about 4.30 am. Fortunately there was no work the following 2 nights otherwise I think we would have been asking for a different room. We abandoned our car to valet parking (through sheer laziness) but it is very expensive so if driving I'd recommend checking the local parking charges first.
The Maritime Museum, Museum district and Defthaven worth a visit if staying in Rotterdam - if exploring further afield Schoonhoven is a very pretty little village.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ManhattanHotel, General Manager at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear JKMandB,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our rooms and appreciated the service provided by our staff members. However I regret to hear that you experienced noise disturbance during your stay. Please feel free to contact myself directly at the Executive Office if you are travelling to Rotterdam again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

I hope that we might be able to welcome you again at some future date.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have stayed here previously as well, however now the hotel seems to be dated. The toilets are rather old and the room is average to say the best. The bed is comfortable but for the price they charge doesn't give you the right value. Also the Internet charge is simply ridiculous and I have seen many complaints from other travelers as well. This day and age most hotels offer free Internet in the room and perhaps the time has come for this hotel to adopt such a reasonable policy as well without trying to rip off there guests. The hotel is very centrally located right in front of the central station.

Dear Budsy987,

Thank you for having dedicated some of your valuable time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to note that you appreciate the location of our hotel as we are indeed situated right in front of the central station. Your remarks with regard to the room and internet charges will be taken into account. Many thanks again for providing us with your comments which enables us to further improve our organization.

I hope to be able to welcome you back personally to the hotel in the future.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a night as part of a Dutch dash to Rotterdam from Hull on the P&O Ferries and is excellent.
Its a 5 minute walk from the train and bus station which is were the transfers drop you off.
The hotel itself is spotless and clean with a very modern design throughout.
The rooms were spacious and well furnished.
The food in the restaurant was spectacular, though a little pricey it was well worth the money.
Overall this hotel is perfect for a short break away in Rotterdam no matter what the occasion and the restaurant is well worth the visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ManhattanHotel, General Manager at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mcca_10,

Reference is made to your recent stay at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam. I would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to post your experience on Tripadvisor.com.
I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your short city break to Rotterdam and am pleased to know that you had an excellent stay with us.

Should you plan to return to our beautiful city, please do not hesitate to inform me of your next reservation, giving us the opportunity extend you with warm, personal and bespoke Manhattan service!

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the Executive Office, upon making your next reservation should there be anything I can assist you with.

With kind regards

Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on business and found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and welcoming. Location was great for our meetings and for selection of local restaurants to eat in. Had a couple of drinks in the bar and was well looked after by the staff there. The large bed was very comfortable - helping me with 2 decent nights of sleep. Breakfast was good with a nice selection in a light and airy restaurant. I would definitely stay there again when back in Rotterdam.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ManhattanHotel, General Manager at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear dharri1,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam. We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the hotel, in particularly your positive feedback about our guest rooms, the breakfast and the hotel’s location.

We take pride in providing a pleasant and unique experience for all of our guests. Thank you for recommending The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!

Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel, for 3 nights on a business last week. I can highly say that this hotel is greatly located though I have to walk a little bit far to get a Starbucks in the Train Central Station but not bad at all. The breakfast is good, but the best things are the very helpful staff. Especial mention to Yvonne, what a great helpful young lady. They will really make you feel home. Housekeeping is good to attend to all your request like extra towel. Shower is awesome, high pressured though there are some negatives like, the rooms needs some updates. Building was built in 2010 according to one of the staff and you can see all the cracking on the crown molding that needs re-paint and caulking, professional carpet cleaning. Aside from those, I think I can recommend this hotel though I have not stayed on other comparables to this one.

Room Tip: Corner Suites facing the Train Central Station is the best due to the views instead of the side wher...
Dear Gelastan,

Thank you very much for your kind and positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding the staff are very much appreciated and will definitely be shared within all departments as they are a great motivation for us all.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the Executive Office upon making your next reservation should there be anything I can assist with.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Booked a pre-paid executive room, as this rate included breakfast and use of the "Executive Lounge".
Room was small but adequate, however the air conditioning did not work and it was facing the sun, ( yes there was sun in Rotterdam). It got fixed quire quickly but by then the room was boiling. Went to the Lounge to cool down, only to find it was very small and also contained the free wifi, so was full of Skype talkers at top pitch. No snacks at 1900, just a few biscuits, plenty of cheap wine and beer.
Wifi in the room was charged at Euros 22 for 24 hours, I needed it for work as it was not possible in the lounge as it was packed. However the wifi only worked on and off and by 2300 I had had enough, it took me three calls to the guest services for them to admit they had a problem (?) and that my bill would be refunded the Euros 22.
The so called breakfast in the Lounge this morning was a few tiny pan au chocolat , tea and coffee and a bowl of fresh fruit-that was it !!
Over rated and expensive, many better in Rotterdam with better value although I have noticed that all hotels have very slow internet.

Dear Sim0n_2009 ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. We attach a lot of importance to your feedback as with this information that we are able to improve our organization.

I apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had at the hotel. Needless to say that your feedback has been discussed with the relevant departments as this is certainly not the bespoke Manhattan experience we are aiming to offer to our guests.

Hopefully you will give us the opportunity to show that staying at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam should be a very pleasant experience. May I therefore ask you to contact me directly at the Executive Office if you decide to stay with us again so I can personally look after your reservation.

Many thanks and kind regards,

WJR Cross

Been to The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam? Share your experiences!