“Memorable meal in a stunning location.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 475 restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Please note that the building on Willemskade 25, exists of 3 things: 1 a museum (already listed), a restaurant (not listed yet), a wine bar (with several snacks and dishes - not yet listed)
Doha, Qatar
“Memorable meal in a stunning location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was a special dinner booked to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant is in the stunning old museum building overlooking the Rotterdam harbour. The food was exceptional, we chose to have the four course menu with great wines. There were small complimentary "treats" along the way. The staff were attentive and friendly and each course was explained to us to within an inch of its life. This of course is part of the experience! The price was at the upper end of the scale. I would definitely recommend that you book in advance and then enjoy the experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Den Haag
“Nice presentation but that's about all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Service was not at all what I would expect from a top class restaurant. Waitress started explaining the specials but when my colleague had to take an urgent phone call she wandered off and didn't return. I had a tomato juice which was just that and nothing else. No offer of lemon or anything spicy to go in it. Amuse-bouche plonked on the table with no explanation were tasteless - no idea what they were meant to be. The starter of halibut was ok. The beef filet was bland though the small amount of gravy poured over it helped a bit. Bread was fresh but tough on the teeth. Altogether a less than memorable experience. I'd heard that they are aiming for a Michelin star. On the basis of my experience they are nowhere near that standard.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The service was exceptional. Every single wait staff spoke to us in flawless English, even being able to describe the intricate details of the dishes perfectly. Each dish was a lovely combination of flavours and textures - without going over the top and trying too hard. We asked for a wine pairing ("nice wines") and our waiter delivered! He choose a number of wines we had never tried before (Hungarian wines for example) that went beautifully with each dish. Our cost for the wine pairings (it's not listed on the menu) was 50Euro for 5 wines (they were generous pours, too). The pace of service was perfect, too. We never felt like we were waiting too long for any course; a perfect pace. Most people were dressed nicely (dresses, suit coats) but some were more casual. Overall, highly recommend this restaurant for a lovely night.

Visited May 2013
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Exquisite food and wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Here you have very good value for money. Haute cuisine for reasonable prices. Every year they are nominated for a Michelin star but never had one as far as i know.
We had a small lunch here. The staff was very professional. the food was exquisite. In between free spoons and amuses on the house.
The wines were excellently chosen by the staff.
All dishes and wines are very well explained. Some ingredients i never heard of LOL. Here i had my best white wine ever.
We had over 4 different waiters/waitresses who all had there speciality. It’s worth the money. The menu of the day is only €50, includes 4 courses.

Visited October 2012
Tembagapura
“definitely not my cup of tea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I came to the museum with my children and wanted (as one expects in a museum) a simple snack and drink to treat myself and the children.
Something in the line of a normally priced cup of coffee of tea for me and a soft drink for the children, with a nice cake or cookie (gevulde koek or roze koek).
In a museum I don't need a hoity-toity star aspiring restaurant with an overly priced menu and staff that tries to 'look you away' for not being properly upperclassy dressed.

My tip: bring your own snacks and drinks and heve them outside and avoid this place at all price!

• Visited October 2012