I love the city and I when I am there on business I often stayed at the Hilton. Over my last 4.5 years of travel to Rotterdam this hotel went through extensive renovations and now it looks pretty nice on the inside.
The personnel is exceptional and the service is great. Not to say I did not have issues at times with the front desk when they tried to nickel and dime me over sliding my reservation when my business plans changed... I hope they look into that.
I have stayed at other Hiltons within the Netherlands and Europe, the executive lounge in Rotterdam always felt below par when it comes to the snacks. Freshness and variety is what I remember they struggled with. I remember when they used to put a lot more energy in their executive lounge during the renovations. It was quite pleasant to have themes. I wish they would think about implementing them.
When you stay that long in one place you tend to start to feel at home.
The people who left an impression on me are the people that I saw everyday at breakfast. Zenda, Linda, Debbie to name a few are fantastic and they really made me feel at home.
As my assignment is now finished, I will not be travelling to the Netherlands anytime soon, but I do recommend the Hilton Rotterdam not because of how nice the Hotel looks (and it does) it is because the staff.
When you are at the breakfast, Zenda or Linda will be probably asking you if you would like a coffee or an orange juice and if you decide to have an omelette, Debbie will the one fixing it and would ask you if you want it spicy....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Europe's largest harbor city from the renewed Hilton Rotterdam hotel. This centrally located Netherlands hotel was completely renovated in 2013 and features the latest in technology and style. The modern guest rooms subtly blend the local aesthetic with quality design. Visit nearby Rotterdam attractions and take a boat trip up the Maas River or see the city from the Euromast Tower. Ideally located in the heart of the city on Coolsingel, this hotel is within walking distance of Rotterdam's central railway station. Just minutes away are the main shopping street de Lijnbaan, exclusive boutiques at the Kruiskade, De Doelen concert hall, and Luxor Theatre. Rotterdam The Hague Airport is a 15-minute drive from the hotel. Stadshal Bar & Restaurant serves modern European cuisine in an urban and contemporary atmosphere. Visit Stadshal Bar for a cocktail or meet with friends or business associates in the Lobby Lounge for a quality coffee. De-stress with a work out in the 24/7 fitness room. As an additional service to its Guests, the hotel offers complimentary WiFi in all public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Rotterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Rotterdam Hotel Rotterdam
- Hilton International Rotterdam
- Rotterdam Hilton International