“Hilton Rotterdam” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lincolnshire
“Hilton Rotterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed in this Hotel whilst attending a 2 day course in Rotterdam. Rooms were excellent, nice and clean and good size TV. Staff helpful and breakfast was a buffet style and really good.
Excellent location for all restraunts & bars. Would stay here again next time in Rotterdam.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kragerø, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

For our first time in Rotterdam this was the perfect hotel; just a short walk from the railwaystation, shopping, restaurants, bars and nightclubs:). The rooms were light and clean and there was no noise from the streets - Trine

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Trine, Thank you for sharing your experience and for your compliments on the room. Jan Rutgers - Hotel Manager
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My fave hotel! Perfect service, nice staff, super clean, good taste deco, fresh food! Executive lounge access super recommended. Good choice of drinks, appetizers... Just perfect! <3 Feel at home!!! Second time I stay there this year.
Location just perfect!

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Jaqueline, Thank you for recommending the Executive Lounge and for your compliments on the hotel. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is well cared for, and the room fine. My problem came when I tried to turn off the television. I discovered that there were no batteries in the remote and no other way to turn off the television. A call to the front desk dispatched someone with batteries and problem solved. Good breakfast buffet. I was there for a conference and the chairs in the conference room were very uncomfortable for all day. I was not the only one squirming and trying to get comfortable.

janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Peter, Thank you for your feedback on the chairs. I am glad to read that the front office solved the problem with the batteries on the spot. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

As I start this I must tell you that before the events that occurred TWICE during my stay, I was ready to provide an excellent review of the Hilton Rotterdam. The check-in process was fine, the room was well appointed and comfortable for a business hotel in Europe. The bathroom was small but very functional. The HVAC controls did a nice job of keeping the room at my required temperature. I had dinner the first night and it was quite good. The morning Buffett breakfast was also good, but a bit expensive. During our stay we even had a larger business dinner which was handled quite well with good choices and good food.

I now must tell the story of why this hotel is a BAD choice for stays in Rotterdam, unless of course you enjoy waking up to The music of the "Bed Disco" located across the street, any time and on any night. I must add that if you are choosing this hotel after a long international trip which causes you to be in a time zone many hours different from yours at home, then avoid this due to reasons below. The reason I say this, as folks know, you tend to wake-up at weird times and it is sometimes difficult to get back to sleep.

On the third night of my stay, Tuesday night, I awoke to very loud music with a very strong bass beat. I looked at the clock and it was 3 am. I tried to go back to sleep but after 30 minutes, I called the front desk, and I was told the the disco I could see from my window, will get quiet at 4 am. I asked how you can say this is a business hotel, when on Tuesday night at 3 am your guests have been disturbed by the music. What I got was a poor explanation about the best they can do. I realized that while the Netherlands have a very progressive approach to life, legalized everything (Drugs, Red light districts, etc.), this also means the right to Party any time they want. I actually appreciate all this, except when i have business to conduct the next day and I picked a Hilton, which should be a business hotel. Well once the music stopped, I could not go back to sleep, so that day was spent yawning through meetings and trying to stay awake with too much caffeine and sugar. That evening when I went to the hotel desk, I asked for the manager, and a nice front desk gentleman apologized and said it won't happen again, but I can move if I wanted (I should have). When I asked if I needed to move I got a strong indication this was a one off event. I was led to believe that this was not a regular occurrence, so I stayed in my room. When I told my colleagues about this, one said he had the same problem.

So now move to Thursday night. The only difference was I woke up at 4 am, I waited 15 minutes to call, since I was foolish enough to believe that it would stop at 4am. Thursday night's Disco party lasted until 4:30am. Again I was done trying to sleep, as after that I could not fall back asleep. Luckily I am writing this from the plane as I head home.

The conclusion of this story is a very disappointing stay at an alleged business hotel. Shame on me for not changing rooms, but shame on them for lying to me.

There are clearly many options for hotels in Rotterdam, but unless you crave that Discotheque beat at 3 to 4 am, I would stay away from the Hilton Rotterdam. If you have to stay there, I would stay away from the odd room numbers ending in x01 to x19 on every floor, as well as any room ending in x02. This represents about 25% of the rooms at this property.

Again, this is a very disappointing experience that will be shared as well as with the travel agency for my company and Hilton.

Room Tip: Stay away from the odd room numbers ending in x01 to x19 on every floor, as well as any room ending...
janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear guest, Thank you for compliments on the restaurant. I am happy to read that you liked your dinner. I am very sorry to read you could hear the noise of a club near the hotel. I would like you to know that I have now spoken to the owner of the club regarding the issue.
I am confident that this will be resolved to our satisfaction. With regards to your comments about the staff behind the reception, I would like you to know that I have spoken to the Front Office manager for not to happen again. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

What a beautiful city and what a lovely hotel - the staff where always positive and very attentive - valet parking is a must as it's the same cost as parking yourself next door :) great to see Nespresso and Bose in the executive rooms but a iPhone 5/5s and 6 compatible dock connector would have been useful. Great day and great night in Rotterdam with the Hilton really helping the visit be memorable. Beds excellent and climate control all good too. A shower to die for by the way - thanks Hilton.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Marley, Thank you for your compliment on the shower and our valet parking service. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Comfortable beds, solid work station and bathroom facilities, and a convenient location. A taxi/Urber is required to go to the convention center, but all else is near by. Would have been nice if they restocked the minibar after the first night, but I didn't ask so...

janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Rayn, Thank you for the feedback. I am happy to read that you liked the working station and that you found the bed comfortable. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Rotterdam? Share your experiences!