The title of my review is meant to be ironic. The hotel was indeed good on several fronts but it was let down by the breakfast. The staff were generally friendly. The upgraded room was welcomed and nice, with a good view of the surrounding streets. The location was central to the railways station (it was about a 10 minute walk from the station. You leave the central station at the front and then walk forward to the edge of the station's exterior and take a left. The street seems like a quiet business area. after about 7-8 minutes, if that, you will see the Hilton, across the road, on the corner -- just behind the large fountain. There are various tram and bus stops outside the hotel and if you leave by the back entrance (just by the concierge) turn left and the quickly right you walk about one block and you will find a great restaurant street (with several choices) and behind that several shopping streets. Back at the hotel, the Executive lounge (we are diamond members) were good and roomy and pleasant to hang out in. Its ground floor view of the street was interesting. Shame about the breakfast. On three days we had finished our breakfast before the coffee arrived (without any explanation or apology about the lateness). Once was understandable; three times is a pattern. Then there was the food itself. We have stayed in Hiltons in North America (Canada and the US), several European countries, Vietnam, China and Japan and this ranks as one of the worst breakfasts (the best ever is the Hilton Opera in Hanoi). The food was barely and mostly never replaced when it was depleted and the choices were very limited. The egg station was sometimes missing the chef and even then she forgot my order. In the first time ever we actually skipped breakfast twice in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Europe's largest harbor city from the renewed Hilton Rotterdam hotel. This centrally located Netherlands hotel was completely renovated in 2013 and features the latest in technology and style. The modern guest rooms subtly blend the local aesthetic with quality design. Visit nearby Rotterdam attractions and take a boat trip up the Maas River or see the city from the Euromast Tower. Ideally located in the heart of the city on Coolsingel, this hotel is within walking distance of Rotterdam's central railway station. Just minutes away are the main shopping street de Lijnbaan, exclusive boutiques at the Kruiskade, De Doelen concert hall, and Luxor Theatre. Rotterdam The Hague Airport is a 15-minute drive from the hotel. Stadshal Bar & Restaurant serves modern European cuisine in an urban and contemporary atmosphere. Visit Stadshal Bar for a cocktail or meet with friends or business associates in the Lobby Lounge for a quality coffee. De-stress with a work out in the 24/7 fitness room. As an additional service to its Guests, the hotel offers complimentary WiFi in all public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Rotterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Rotterdam Hotel Rotterdam
- Hilton International Rotterdam
- Rotterdam Hilton International