“Great location in downtown Rotterdam” 4 of 5 stars

Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Senoia, Georgia
“Great location in downtown Rotterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

First of all, you will need to look closely for the H emblem on the door. There is no visible sign except for on one side of the hotel. I almost missed it! The hotel is within walking distance of downtown, but be warned, the stores close at 6pm! The hotel is very nice and everyone was super helpful. The bed was super comfortable and the room was quiet. Restaurant food was excellent (I had the breakfast buffet one morning and ate in the restaurant one night. I had an issue with my TV remote and someone came immediately to help. The only other complaint was that my wake-up call never came. Fortunately, I set the alarm by the bed as well as the alarm on my cell phone. There is no store inside the hotel to pick up snacks. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Ann, Thank you for your recommendation. I am very sorry to read that you did not received your wake-up call. Please rest assured that we have taken up this matter with the Front Office manager for this not to happen again with any other guests. Jan Rutgers - Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Have stayed at the Hilton Rotterdam on 2 occasions lately & am ready to go back for a third! The staff is so accommodating! From check in to the executive lounge, to the cleaning staff, and breakfast staff you are treated with such kind generosity. Our suite was fabulous, spacious, clean, & well appointed. We were able to have a great nights sleep each night we were there. We appreciate the location of the hotel also! It is in just a short walk from the train station, trams, shopping & restaurants. You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay here!

Room Tip: Executive floor is great if you can stay there :)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bakerswoodfox, Thank you for recognizing all of our staff. I am happy to welcome you back for a third time! Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
Ghent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel and the staff.
They always look after me so well, arrange everything perfectly. It always feels like coming home when going to this hotel.

The rooms are spotless, just like the entire hotel.
And the hotel also has a great in-house restaurant, with very reasonable prices. And off-course perfect quality and suiting everybody's taste.

The only thing they should re-think is their changes in the executive lounge. I really dislike the fact that they no longer have spirits on offer. Since this does not cost the world and is a very small detail that enchants the guest's experience. I sincerely hope they would bring this back.

I know hilton worldwide has set the new brand standards, but every hotel is free to go above and beyond these minimum standards. And fortunately most hotels do, I only hope my favorite hotel also does this. Since really I do not like beer and duvel or cheap wines ;). I like a good campari,whiskey or other spirit in the lounge. Changing the opening hours to 22H00.. ok this is only a minor change.. but please do not limit it more.

And offering an afternoon tea like most good properties do, would be a nice addition.

Apart from this there are absolutely no negatives about this hotel.

Go and see for yourself :)

Room Tip: The Executive corners suites are great value for money!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr Hilton Fan, Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your loyalty to our brand. And I will consider your suggestions on the executive lounge. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

5* luxury in the centre of Rotterdam! Great staff, lovely rooms, tasty breakfast - all in the newly renovated hotel on the Hofplein. Highly recommended! Although we arrived very late in the evening - the welcome was sincere. Room Service arrived quickly & kept us going until the morning when we enjoyed a great breakfast with egg dishes cooked to order & a whole range of meats, cheeses, fruit & bread. Great value & the staff are excellent!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Demi, Thank you for your recommendation. I am very happy to read that you were pleased with our room service and that you have enjoyed our breakfast buffet. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

After the recent refurbishment, the hotel facilities are top notch, super modern and comfortable, but the most impressive I found was the consisten professionalism and warmth of the the hotel staff. Also great location close to various transportation facilities such as Rott Centraal and the tram.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lusiana, Thank you for recognizing our staff. I am very pleased to read that you like the results of our refurbishment. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
Wiesbaden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is the most comfortable, amazing hotel ever! It is clean, modern and the staff are friendly and helpful!
It is easy to find and reach, especially by public transportation.
The staff welcomes you already at the check in, they are very friendly, fast and helpful!
I had a wonderful corner room, they are extremely spacious! The bathroom is a dream come true! The bathtub can easily and comfortably fit 2, directly across there is a huge shower with a rain spout from the ceiling and a "normal" function. The rooms are so quite, it is unbelievable! The room is equipped with the most modern "fun stuff". There are so many outlets which is perfect nowadays with all the technology you have. The workspace is fantastic and very comfortable. I love the idea of having a night light in the bathroom, it is so convenient.
The fitness room is small but modern with everything you need!
The executive lounge is the best! The staff are incredible. It is worth every cent! They have probably around 40 magazines you can choose from, many also in English. There are a lot of interesting books. I must admit, I get stuck in there! They have the coolest tea machine ever, I couldn't even find it on the Internet yet with, let me guess, 9-12 different sorts of tea. Of course they have a great coffee machine and plenty of cold drinks to choose from. They are one of the only Hilton's that always have snacks. The quality is high! They often have seafood or sushi in the evenings, including many different cheeses with fresh figs, walnuts and raw ham with melon, vegetable sticks and the friendly staff come around to bring specials, or serve you. The sitting areas are very comfortable. They have a huge table with outlets as well which is what you need nowadays. They have 2 computers, one of them an apple and a printer if you need it. It is worth paying for this lounge!!!
The breakfast is ok. The lady making the omlets is such a friendly happy lady, she just makes your day! The others are very helpful and do what they can to make your breakfast perfect.
In the public areas there is free wifi and the seating arrangements in the lobby make you feel at home.
I highly recommend this hotel, even if you are planning to visit The Hague, you can catch the public transportation around 50m from the hotel, they run every 20min and it costs 3€.
Hopefully more hotels try to be like the Hilton Rotterdam!

Room Tip: I don't think you can make a bad choice... The windows are 100% sound proof!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Eri, Thank you for your extensive review I am very pleased to read you have enjoyed your stay. I also would like to thank and you for your compliments on our hotel and for recognizing our staff. Jan Rutgers – Hotel Manager
Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Seriously unable to recommend hotel to normal guests let alone HH Gold guests. I might even go further and say I will try to avoid in future. Not the relaxing stay I expected and should have had as a Hilton Elite Guest, and lack of recognition and lies are not what I expect from a Hilton. I fear this hotel does not value their Hilton program elite guests.

BAD
=======
Booked Exec Room , and as HH Gold was hopeing for upgrade to a bigger nicer room. Normal 3pm Checkin, was welcomed as HH Gold and checkin agent stated "we have upgraded you to a King Exec Suite" to which I thanked them.

Extremely annoyed to find this was a lie, just the originally booked Exec Room AND...lacking a bath ... a shower only room.
My expectation is checkin must volunteer this poor state of affairs at checkin, AND NOT WASTE MY VALUABLE PERSONAL WEEKEND TIME as I now have to return to desk to obtain room with bath etc etc.

Annoyance then aggravated again by same checkin Op repeating (more than once) that I had been upgrade to an "King Exec SUITE". I told her to stop telling me a standard King Exec was a "Suite" and that I required a bath and I did not ask at checkin as she stated upgrade to a Suite which will always have a bath.

Attitude of checkin was like doing me a favour, to find me an exec room with a bath, apparently a mix of Exec rooms with Bath, or Shower only layout. At this time I again pointed out that I had booked Exec Room, was hoping as a HH Gold , for Room Upgrade to a bigger better room type than booked King Exec, just like I'd been told during first checkin.
Checkin stated as I am HH Gold she would of course have given me a Suite upgrade from booked Exec Room (I guess she meant Junior suite) if available but no Suites are available.

Anyway I now ended up with Standard Exec Room with bath, just same room type I booked. Agent must be stupid, as immediately on new accessing room, I checked online, and Hilton Rotterdam was still selling Junior Suites, and was not even down to last few such rooms as then online search tells you eg 'only 3 rooms this type left. Too much wasted time already, only staying one night, so too tired, polite to go back and point out checkin agents new untruths.

Left room, on my return hotel had left bottle of chilean red wine as a sorry. Excuse me, but why not correct the situation regards lack of HH Gold upgrade/recognition, insult of shower only room, lies about no better rooms available. If i want shower only room then the new 6month old Holiday Day inn immediately across the road is cheaper and preferrable to me.

ROOM
======
Adequate, but I have had bigger, better exec rooms to be honest this looks and feels just a Deluxe Room (on a high floor, which does not make room a real Exec Room to my mind.)
Comfortable bed, pillows, quiet air con, no external noise so slept well. Flat sceen TV, UK chls BBC1/2, ITV1/2 , expensive movies though (fee per movie, no package rate, so I gave a miss). Work desk and chair, plenty of lighting, compact bathroom, bath made very awkward to use by half enclosing sidesto also be a shower, I was not impressed by the attempt.

GOOD
======
Lounge on ground floor (although annoying if on high floors 13, 14) was nice and big, comfy, with reasonable drinks and nibbles in evening. Lounge breakfast quite limited in choices compared to other locations, but used restaurant as on same ground floor instead where choice is greater.

Lounge Staff were excellent, Restaurant breakfast staff were ok too as was polite cheerful breakfast chef lady cooking made to order omelets etc.

Other Bad
=========
Bar unmanned , had to get reception to get me a drink, I wanted to charge to room, I signed the chit only to find bar staff dissapeared as i was signing and did not come back, so not impressed with first two staff areas of hotel encountered, Checkin + Bar areas.

Room Tip: At checkin state if you require a bath or you get a shower only room !
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
janrutgers, Manager at Hilton Rotterdam, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback.
Unfortunately we could not upgrade you due to the availability. Normally this would not be a problem. As you are an HHhonor Gold member I will contact you in person. Jan Rutgers - Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Rotterdam? Share your experiences!