“Star-level food for a normal price” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Japanese, International, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Star-level food for a normal price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I went for a dinner with business friends. Because the first to arrive waited outside for the rest, we all ha our first drink on the terrace. Without having to ask, the staff served our amuses also outside. There was no hurry to get us inside; we really felt it was about us, not about them. As always, the food was very good. The staff was friendly, in for a chat, but not too much. Huson is always one of the five restaurants I would mention when people ask for dining suggestions in Rotterdam. I find the value for money excellent at this place.

• Visited August 2013

“Amazing period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Came with my sister and it was great. The service, food, atmosphere where all great. Really can't complain, they did everything perfect.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank luisjavierhd
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Delicious food should but the waitress was not at her best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The kitchen is a fusion between Japanese and European styles and the chef and his staff are really mastering their art. Great tastes, nice presentation, well portioned dishes were a feast to savour. The waitress seemed not really to enjoy her job, or she just didn't have her best day. Unsolicited she poured still water in my glass, and some time after my remark that I preferred sparkling water she made the same mistake. Wine was poured by the glass (it seemed, I didn't have to pay the check) and no explanation was given about the origin. As a group we all had the same dishes, which gave us a nice idea of what they have to offer.
In the bathroom real towels are available, and to my surprise I noticed that none of the 4-5 men that preceded me (and did not belong to my group) had used one. Rotterdam is a city of laborers, but this is a high-end restaurant and I would have expected better hygienic standards of these guests.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank JaapK
ORD
“Huson Helps your Homeostasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

i visited the restaurant twice in a week, first to have the Chef's Omakase (not traditional Japanese, but at his choice) and it was heavenly. The wine list is excellent, very reasonably priced, and after having a discussion with the servers, found some wines off the list but available. Yum! i went back on an evening when sushi was available (just not on Saturday nights), and again, simply highest quality fish prepared in an elegant manner, served very chic. perfect service again!! i left dessert up to the Chef and was happy for sure with the product. Enjoy the experience in Rotterdam.

• Visited June 2013
“Great dining experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We've dined here on several occasions and always enjoyed the experience in terms of taste and service. Huson is well known for its excellent sushi/sashimi menu in parallel with an innovative Dutch menu and it's also one of the few places in Rotterdam to feature a Michelin Bib Gourmand menu which I would really recommend. You can also request the chef's surprise menu which can be a mix of Asian and Dutch/European. Service is very professional and the atmosphere is elegant yet informal. All in all, a great dining experience between the Euromast and the Erasmus bridge.

• Visited March 2013