“Ottimo rapporto qualità/prezzo” 4 of 5 stars

Vijverhofstraat, 47, Rotterdam 3013, The Netherlands   |
Milan, Italy
“Ottimo rapporto qualità/prezzo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I had to stay for one night in Rotterdam and I went to this hostel closed to the train station, The position is really good, the staff is really nice. The price for Rotterdam is ok (12.50euro/night, breakfast included). You have to pay 3euros more for sheets but it is ok (I knew that before on the web). Even if there were 20 people in the room I slept without problems :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Upon booking, me and my friends thought the idea of 100 people in a room at 8 euro a night was funny. Upon arriving, instant regret hit us. Granted it is cheap and the staff are average, but everything else is so bad (It cost 5 euro for bedding which then made it not massively cheap). The actual sleeping room is totally unsafe, they have a wristband system which obviously doesn't work, the door is just wide open and apparently some random guy just came in and slept the night we were there. There was a luggage room and we were given a number for our bags, but someone could have easily took my number in the night and claimed my bag, or i could have just taken someone elses bag as i went in the room 3 times and they didn't ask for my number once...Last but not least, there was something flying around us and we all woke up with at least 20 bites each, the cherry on top of the cake.

Admittedly I'm new to this whole hostel thing, if you're looking for a cheap nights sleep or you're homeless then its alright, I feel like there's a line I shouldn't have to cross in my life and by staying here I definitely crossed it. Several ciders made it bearable but it put a huge dampener on our trip.

PS. unless you're visiting the zoo don't bother with rotterdam, it was disappointing - we had 3 hour in nijmegen on a train transfer and that was much more appealing.

Room Tip: They apparently have a honeymoon suite which the first people to ask for get it....I hope to god you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Upon arrival it's a bit tatty but wasn't expecting much' the staff were friendly easily helping us check in and an area to put luggage which was locked up for safety. For €8 a night this was top value with free bar football and pool table his was an added extra. The sleeping facilities are fine nothing special but somewhere to put your head at the end of the night, the showers were usable and clean but maybe not as warm as one would of liked. There are sofas and computer facilities and a bar where beer and snacks can be purchased . Overall it's great value for money but not the highest standard.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hostel De Mafkees? Share your experiences!