“Love the upgrade” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Love the upgrade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were booked in by our travel agent , arrived and got offered a upgrade so we took it, loved the room large and great view, we also got breakfast served on the 10 floor a treat as the hotel was quite full, the staff were very friendly and helpful , the hotel was undergoing reservations so staff were pushed but were very good at taking time for us.

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade great views huge
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Dear Havefun830,

Thank you for your stay at the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will forward all given compliments to my colleagues.

We just finished the renovation of the ground floor and we would like to show you around during your next stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Parkhotel.

Erik de Wit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at the Bilderberg Park last year during the North Sea Jazz Festival and returned this year as we enjoyed it so much. It is slightly old-fashioned in the nicest way and it would be a shame if the current renovations changed that. A huge asset to the hotel are the friendly and helpful staff.

As a big fan of 1950s architecture, I loved our building and the room (the hotel could probably capitalise on this and fit the appropriate furnishings) and the way the hotel has grown organically over the years. Unusually, there is a pretty garden at the back and the dining room is looking very smart. Breakfast is good - not such a wide choice, but the quality is excellent (the bread is superb).

The hotel is well situated, near the shopping centre and metro and on the edge of the museum district. In front of the hotel is a canal lined with trees and greenery and it is easy to forget that you are in the middle of a city.

The Bilderberg is comfortable and charming; we hope to return next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Margaret A,

Thank you for your stay at the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all my colleagues were friendly and helpful.

Our main goal during the renovation was to keep our DNA and that specific Parkhotel atmosphere. We just finished the ground floor and next year we will start with the renovation of our rooms. We will maintain the architecture but indeed fit the appropriate furnishings.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Bilderberg Parkotel.
I hope to welcome you in the new Parkhotel next year.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel area is nice and green, the staff is very friendly and professional, but the rooms are nothing special and the bathroom facilities seem rather outdated. Another point for criticism is the fact that Wifi has to be paid for, this should be included in the room rate, or be free of charge.
Maybe it´s also an idea to sweep the balcony once in a while, it is not really nice to find someone´s nails on the floor.

Room Tip: go for a room with a balcony to enjoy the gardenview
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear werdlerswereld ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. Feedback of our guests is very important for us to optimize our service level. I am glad to read that the staff were very friendly and professional during your stay. I have discussed your findings about the cleaning of the balcony with the housekeeping department and they will pay extra attention on cleaning the balcony to provide from happening again in the future. On this moment we are renovating the first floor and later this year we will renovate the hotel rooms.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed here for two months and had a very enjoyable stay. The staff were very hospitable and made me feel very welcome. The hotel is in a superb location, close to restaurants and shops etc. The restaurant has been refurbished to a very high standard and the food is superb. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Josh T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you love our new restaurant The Park – Inspired by Erik van Loo. I will forward your compliments to my colleagues and we all look forward to welcome you back in the hotel.

Thanks again.

Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The staff did not inform me that breakfast was not included. The hotel was undergoing renovations therefore the reception and facilities in General were not great. They made noise from 6am. The staff especially in the bar were extremely slow and unhelpful.

• Stayed July 2014
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. Feedback of our guests both positive and negative are very important for us to optimize our service level.

Every guest receives a booking confirmation from us or from the travelagent. The confirmation includes all information about the hotel, booked room type, in or excluding breakfast and check in and check out time. Therefore we assume that every guests is aware of the booked room type. If not my colleagues from the reception desk are always happy to provide you with this information.

It is our standard to provide every guests with our high service level and therefore I am very sorry to read that we did not succeed this level during your stay. I would like to offer my sincere apologies.To provide from happening again in the future I have discussed your experience with my colleagues.

Despite everything I hope to welcome you again at the Bilderberg Parkhotel and we will make sure to exceed your expectations.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the final leg of a cycling trip. We had an upgrade and were given the largest room I've ever had in any hotel. I recommend getting a room in the Tower as it seems from other reviewers that some rooms are dated. There did seem to be some work going on reconfiguring parts of the hotel. It's a very spacious and relaxed place to be and we found the bar area especially so. The staff were faultless and could not do enough for us. The location is great for transport, restaurants and bars. We didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on that but I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Renoir H

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. We do have different room types and the Executive Tower rooms are indeed very spacious and provide you with a great view of Rotterdam. I will forward given compliments about the service level to all my colleagues.

Thank you for recommending the Bilderberg Parkhotel and I hope to welcome you again!

Best regards,

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Old fashion decoration, looked like my room got stuck in the 80's. Bathroom was also aged and not inviting. This place needs to be refurbished. Otherwise, the location is good, right in the center and the reception staff was nice.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Amelieniv,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. Feedback of our guests both positive and negative are very important for us to optimize our service level and facilities. I am very sorry to read that your expectations did not match with your experience because of aged facilities. Therefore I am pleased to tell you that the ground floor of the Bilderberg Parkhotel is totally renovated by September this year. I am glad to read that the staff were nice and that you liked the location.

Despite everything I hope to welcome you again at the Bilderberg Parkhotel. We will make sure to exceed your expectations.

Erik de Wit

Been to Bilderberg Parkhotel? Share your experiences!