We stayed at the Bilderberg Park last year during the North Sea Jazz Festival and returned this year as we enjoyed it so much. It is slightly old-fashioned in the nicest way and it would be a shame if the current renovations changed that. A huge asset to the hotel are the friendly and helpful staff.
As a big fan of 1950s architecture, I loved our building and the room (the hotel could probably capitalise on this and fit the appropriate furnishings) and the way the hotel has grown organically over the years. Unusually, there is a pretty garden at the back and the dining room is looking very smart. Breakfast is good - not such a wide choice, but the quality is excellent (the bread is superb).
The hotel is well situated, near the shopping centre and metro and on the edge of the museum district. In front of the hotel is a canal lined with trees and greenery and it is easy to forget that you are in the middle of a city.
The Bilderberg is comfortable and charming; we hope to return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkhotel originally dates back to 1922 and has been offering outstanding service and hospitality in the port city of Rotterdam for more than 90 years. The entire ground floor of the Parkhotel was renovated in 2014. The original DNA and unique Parkhotel atmosphere have been retained and combined with contemporary design. The 189 comfortable rooms have every convenience you would expect of a four-star hotel. Several of the rooms have a balcony with a view of the wonderful city garden. The Deluxe and Executive tower rooms, at a higher level, offer a wonderful view of Rotterdam. The hotel has 50 secure parking spaces, a sauna and fitness facilities. The Park restaurant offers contemporary design, a cosy aperitif bar, Cigar Lounge, Private Dining and a wonderful veranda which opens onto the city garden and the terrace. The menu features signature dishes by Erik van Loo, among other specialities. The chef patron of the restaurant Parkheuvel, which has been awarded two Michelin stars, is the supervising chef of The Park. Together with the head chef Richard de Vries, he creates outstanding dishes which are characterised by their quality and simplicity, combined with a playful twist. In 2014, The Park won the Rotterdam Gouden Pollepel award. The Algemeen Dagblad newspaper gave The Park the following review: 'A restaurant which scores highly in every detail and means that Rotterdam can now join the ranks of other global cities where locals are used to eating in a high-calibre hotel restaurant.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bilderberg Parkhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilderberg Parkhotel Rotterdam
- Bilderberg Parkhotel Hotel Rotterdam