“Good business location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 53 hotels in Rotterdam
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good business location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel for almost 2 years once or twice every month and it was always a nice experience, the stuff is very helpful the rooms are a bit old but they are huge and if you get thr tower room which I always ask for you also have a nice view with windows all over your room. It has a nice fitness which I always use as after 22:00 it's always empty and the breakfasts are good, two types of fish for non sausage eaters... It's on blaak street so the main business street of R'dam.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Michalfrik,

Thank you for taking the time to share your pleasant experiences with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us everytime. Thanks for your feedback regarding the rooms. We will take this feedback into consideration during future renovations.

Looking forward to personally welcome you back soon in the Grande Dame of Rotterdam!

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
bricklinng
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My review after one night: Stay Elsewhere!

In general, my room was really tiny. It reminded me of the photos one sometimes sees of Japanese "pod" hotels. The room was a fair sized pod, but not much bigger. Specific problems:

First, I booked a room with dinner included at a reasonable price. When I arrived, I was informed that the dining room was fully occupied with a private party and thus my associates and I were refused access to the dining room. The rebate for dinner was modest, about 1/3 of what dinner finally cost elsewhere.

Second, in the morning there was NO HOT WATER. I called to inquire and was told that engineering would send someone to check (as if I was not capable of turning on the water and determining that it was cold). I thus received a maintenance man who turned on the water and determined it was cold. The hotel then acted shocked and allowed me access to the fitness center for a shower where the water ran hot for about 90 seconds and then turned cold.

So my summary is that this is not a well run hotel. You might not have my problems, but don't be surprised if you have others and whatever problems you have, do not expect the hotel to solve them. They did offer me a bottle of wine, but since I was en route to the airport this would have simply been lost at security. When I explained this, they substituted a bottle of water which they supposed I could drink in the car. I did. Thanks, but I would rather have had dinner and a shower.

Room Tip: look in a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bricklinng,

I am realy sorry to read that your stay was not what you had expected. This is absolutely not how it should be and therefore I do apologize. I would like to ask you to contact us via parkhotel@bilderberg.nl, so that I can come back to you personally to discuss how we could make things better and use your feedback to prevent from happening again in the future.

Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I must admit that I found the Bilderberg Park hotel very convenient for central Rotterdam. Cars can be safely kept in a small internal enclosure, so one can switch to trams for local travel. The hotel serves a very good breakfast (it's diverse and wide ranging with excellent breads) and some upgrading deals (to a suite) were really quite competitive. The hotel is very conveniently situated for Boijman's museum of art and the Bierkorf shopping complex.

Room Tip: Check out offer availability
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PFBrain,

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay in Rotterdam. We are proud of our central location in Rotterdam and it is nice to read that you have experienced it this way as well. We look forward to welcome you again in the future!

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We organized a 3 day / 3 night - seminar for 70 general managers of the French chambers of Agriculture.
The Parkhotel offered a very professional and friendly service. Rooms were confortable, meals very good. I would gladly recommend the service to anyone willing to organize a professional event in Rotterdam!

Dear Etienne R,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel! I am very glad to read that the general managers of the French chambers of Agriculture has enjoyed there stay. We hope to welcome you all again in the future.

Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed for three nights to escape from our daily routine. My husband picked this hotel for their well known reputation from the third party agency. 3 = 2 for Euro 179, third night is free. That looks good deal for me. I am so excited to be there and spend our weekend just to relax. Check in was fine and here are the adventure started:

1. Our room location apparently in the old left side building. How to get there? go to the left, and take a lift (This is a forklift, improper one) to lift you 4 or 5 steps up. And then take a stair down for a few step, then turn left. You will find a poor maintain old lift to take you to the second floor. Bah! if I knew, I rather take stairway though I have to lift my Baby stroller thru it.

2. The room is so small and old fashion. It's a little bit noisy because right on the side of main street. Btw, they need to redesign the room interior, seriously! It is actually okay, however, they put too much unnecessary furniture that makes it super crowded.

3. On the the second day, early in the morning the electricity was off. We showered in the dark, No entertainment no bla bla bla... It sad, it took them ages to fixed it. Until finally they decided to move us to the tower building because they couldn't find the problem.

4. A house keeper ring the bell just to ask if we use the minibar, What?

5. Babybed for Eur 37,50, internet for Eur 17 per 24 hours, Parking Eur 19,50. Is it a low cost hotel or what? Come on! It does not make any sense to me!

6. Location wise is perfect. Close to the center. Plenty of nice restaurants around.

7. The replacement room at the tower is good. Actually this is what I expect to get from the beginning, pity it is given on the last night. Well, actually I wonder: 3=2 promotion is not a promotion at all. My guess, for this deal, they will put you to the last of the least room. It noticed from the final bill. They breakdown the price to three nights which is not right. It should be divided it to two nights, and the last night is "free".

The management should definitely close the old building. Huge refurbishment is needed to a more modern vintage direction. People do not mind to pay extra for an extraordinary experience. Anyway, we had a good weekend. It was fun, we didn't let these bother us at all. But certainly we are not going back to this hotel and not recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear OctopraiseManullang,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I am sorry to read that your expectations did not meet your experiences. I would like to ask you to contact us via parkhotel@bilderberg.nl, so that we can come back to you personally and use your feedback to prevent from happening again in the future.

Thanks again and I hope to hear from you.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here a number of times on work trips and had a very similar experience on every occasion.

I have always been lucky enough to get a modern tower room with a great view of the city. Rooms are large and bed comfy. On a couple of occasions the bathroom has smelled bed, like blocked drains (even on the 9th floor).

Eaten in bar a few times. Food in nice and staff very friendly. Just a pity that the food takes so long. This week was 2hours for a bowl of soup followed by a fruit salad.

My biggest annoyance with this hotel is the gym. It has really old equipment with a number of the cardio machines being broken. For a hotel which is designed for business guests there really needs to be some better (or at least working) equipment.

I like staying here, good central location, nice breakfast, friendly staff. Just a few things which could be improved.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear d9300q,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that our staff were very friendly. I have forwarded your compliments to the concerned departments. We will use your feedback about the slow restaurant service to prevent from happening again in the future. I am sorry to hear that you do not have a good experience with our gym. I will forward your comment about the equipment to the technical department, to see if we can repare it.

Thanks again, and I hope to welcome you again at the Bilderberg Parkhotel.

Angeles City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Clean big rooms. Ok breakfast. Dinner very nice food but service extremely slow. Expect 11/2. Hour befor a 3course dinner has been served. Rooms are large and quiet. Hotel is situated close to central station and can be walked to little to far if you have alot of luggage. Taxi is very expensive in rotterdam and there is not so easy to take the tram on the first time. Trains are good and easy to get to airport 25min to Schipol ( hispeed fyra). Taxi to airport schipol 140€ train 1st class 23.5€. Witte the wit street is very close to hotel with good bars and restaurants even good take aways!

Poor water pressure in the shower

Room Tip: Had a room in the older part of the hotel. These rooms might get cold in the winter!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
BilderbergParkhotel, Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Rebecca O,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences of the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I'm glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We will use your feedback about the restaurant service to prevent from happening again in the future.

I have shared your positive comments with the concerned department, and I hope to welcome you again in the Bilderberg Parkhotel!

Janneke van Beuzekom

Been to Bilderberg Parkhotel? Share your experiences!