Stayed for three nights to escape from our daily routine. My husband picked this hotel for their well known reputation from the third party agency. 3 = 2 for Euro 179, third night is free. That looks good deal for me. I am so excited to be there and spend our weekend just to relax. Check in was fine and here are the adventure started:
1. Our room location apparently in the old left side building. How to get there? go to the left, and take a lift (This is a forklift, improper one) to lift you 4 or 5 steps up. And then take a stair down for a few step, then turn left. You will find a poor maintain old lift to take you to the second floor. Bah! if I knew, I rather take stairway though I have to lift my Baby stroller thru it.
2. The room is so small and old fashion. It's a little bit noisy because right on the side of main street. Btw, they need to redesign the room interior, seriously! It is actually okay, however, they put too much unnecessary furniture that makes it super crowded.
3. On the the second day, early in the morning the electricity was off. We showered in the dark, No entertainment no bla bla bla... It sad, it took them ages to fixed it. Until finally they decided to move us to the tower building because they couldn't find the problem.
4. A house keeper ring the bell just to ask if we use the minibar, What?
5. Babybed for Eur 37,50, internet for Eur 17 per 24 hours, Parking Eur 19,50. Is it a low cost hotel or what? Come on! It does not make any sense to me!
6. Location wise is perfect. Close to the center. Plenty of nice restaurants around.
7. The replacement room at the tower is good. Actually this is what I expect to get from the beginning, pity it is given on the last night. Well, actually I wonder: 3=2 promotion is not a promotion at all. My guess, for this deal, they will put you to the last of the least room. It noticed from the final bill. They breakdown the price to three nights which is not right. It should be divided it to two nights, and the last night is "free".
The management should definitely close the old building. Huge refurbishment is needed to a more modern vintage direction. People do not mind to pay extra for an extraordinary experience. Anyway, we had a good weekend. It was fun, we didn't let these bother us at all. But certainly we are not going back to this hotel and not recommended.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I am sorry to read that your expectations did not meet your experiences. I would like to ask you to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can come back to you personally and use your feedback to prevent from happening again in the future.
Thanks again and I hope to hear from you.
Janneke van Beuzekom
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.