“Large rooms, food nice but slow, gym terrible” 3 of 5 stars

Bilderberg Parkhotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Westersingel 70, 3015 LB Rotterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Large rooms, food nice but slow, gym terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here a number of times on work trips and had a very similar experience on every occasion.

I have always been lucky enough to get a modern tower room with a great view of the city. Rooms are large and bed comfy. On a couple of occasions the bathroom has smelled bed, like blocked drains (even on the 9th floor).

Eaten in bar a few times. Food in nice and staff very friendly. Just a pity that the food takes so long. This week was 2hours for a bowl of soup followed by a fruit salad.

My biggest annoyance with this hotel is the gym. It has really old equipment with a number of the cardio machines being broken. For a hotel which is designed for business guests there really needs to be some better (or at least working) equipment.

I like staying here, good central location, nice breakfast, friendly staff. Just a few things which could be improved.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear d9300q,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that our staff were very friendly. I have forwarded your compliments to the concerned departments. We will use your feedback about the slow restaurant service to prevent from happening again in the future. I am sorry to hear that you do not have a good experience with our gym. I will forward your comment about the equipment to the technical department, to see if we can repare it.

Thanks again, and I hope to welcome you again at the Bilderberg Parkhotel.

Janneke van Beuzekom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Angeles City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Clean big rooms. Ok breakfast. Dinner very nice food but service extremely slow. Expect 11/2. Hour befor a 3course dinner has been served. Rooms are large and quiet. Hotel is situated close to central station and can be walked to little to far if you have alot of luggage. Taxi is very expensive in rotterdam and there is not so easy to take the tram on the first time. Trains are good and easy to get to airport 25min to Schipol ( hispeed fyra). Taxi to airport schipol 140€ train 1st class 23.5€. Witte the wit street is very close to hotel with good bars and restaurants even good take aways!

Poor water pressure in the shower

Room Tip: Had a room in the older part of the hotel. These rooms might get cold in the winter!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
BilderbergParkhotel, Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Rebecca O,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences of the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I'm glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We will use your feedback about the restaurant service to prevent from happening again in the future.

I have shared your positive comments with the concerned department, and I hope to welcome you again in the Bilderberg Parkhotel!

Stafford, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

The room was very spacious. However, it had neither air conditioning nor heating. Thus, as I experienced quite warm days and then very cold nights , it was a bit uncomfortable. The internet was extremely expensive for a business hotel at 17 euro per day. Food in the breakfast buffet was adequate, but lacked any variety. The same bacon, mushrooms, and runny eggs every day gets old in a hurry. Lunch in the restaurant was not much better. The front desk staff was friendly, but gave us wrong information regarding a restaurant recommendation...stating that we did not need reservations, and when I took a business guest there, the restaurant said they were always booked and must get a reservation well in advance.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reagan10,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I'm sorry to hear that the staff at the reception desk gave you wrong information. We will use your feedback to prevent any other accidents from happening again in the future. I will forward your opinion about the breakfast to the relevant department and we are going to do our best to bring more variety in the breakfast.

Thanks again and I hope to welcome you again.

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I had paid extra for "VIP treatment". I was given a "garden room" which was small and a bit shabby but seemed OK, despite the smell from the bathroom. A very friendly waiter brought a snack, noted the smell and advised me to seek a new room if it did not improve- but I was really tired, so I rehearsed my lecture and went to bed.
Then the endless knocking or loud dripping sound, I think from above, precluded sleep. At 02.30, in desperation, I asked for a new room to be told that the computer was "locked" for audit. One hour later they called to see if the noise was fixed and it was not. They were simply unable to provide another room.
After blocking my ears with paper, I dozed fitfully before going into the smelly bathroom. The plug in the sink did not work. The shower fitting was loose and it took several minutes to jam it in a way that permitted a shower. The shower floor was curved upwards and lethally slippery- a real and definite danger- one had to brace against the edges.
I was in poor shape to give my seminar at Erasmus University, and to be alert for the thesis defence. In the morning, I had to pack my bag because no other room was yet available. In fairness, when I returned, I was given a large, clean and smell-free room in the tower block.
I am sad to write this but the lack of basic maintenance is not fair to either a guest or to the concerned and hospitable staff. And I am simply appalled to be charged for the first night which was miserable and, frankly, dangerous.

Room Tip: Absolutely refuse a "garden room". The tower is fine.
Dear Ian G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I am very sorry to hear that your first night in the Bilderberg Parkhotel was not good. We have used your feedback to prevent accidents in the future. Our technical staff has repaired the shower fitting, plug in the sink and have dissipated the unpleasant smell. I am pleased to read that you did find our staff and service good.

Thanks again, and I hope to welcome you again at the Bilderberg Parkhotel.

Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is very well situated in the center of Rotterdam. Close to the subway and bus service. You can access the internet and the wifi is excellent. The restaurant and bar in the hotel is great and the staff is attentive. English is no problem all staff speak english. The rooms are clean and well maintain. Shopping is close by.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Michel O,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel Rotterdam. I am please to read that your stay has been great. I have passed on your compliments to the concerning departments.

Thanks again and I hope to welcome you again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Payed 90€ for a night without breakfast
Much to expensive for this room that looks more like 3 star
Please do not take rooms that look out the the road you will not sleep wel of all the cars driving by

Service check in was good

No safe in the room that is very bad if you have some money that you want to take outside

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Danny L,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry to hear that your stay hasn't met your expectations. I am pleased to read that you did find our staff and service good. Please next time ask our reception desk to point out the safe in your room, as every room is equipped with one.

I hope to welcome you back in the Bilderberg Parkhotel.

Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had booked a garden room. However, on our arrival it was about 35°C outside and these rooms do not have air-conditioning. We were offered an executive room in the tower for a surcharge of 10 € per night, which we took.
The executive room was very spacious. There was a bath and a shower. Everything was clean. It was a pity the windows didn't open though so we couldn't air out our room the next morning.
There is wi-fi available, but you have to pay for it, which I find ridiculous for a business hotel. The breakfast buffet was included in our room rate. Breakfast was good, but when it's not included in your room rate, it costs 25 € per person which I find exaggerated.
What I liked the most about this hotel is its great location: it's within walking distance of the central station and near the Witte de Withstraat with a lot of bars and restaurants. We never had to walk far for a meal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marrijke,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences of the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I'm glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The WiFi we have available is a very safe network with a wide broadband. It's secure for our business guests to use and it's very fast. Therefor, we charge a small fee for the use of it.

Janneke van Beuzekom

Been to Bilderberg Parkhotel? Share your experiences!