“Pleasant and central good food too” 5 of 5 stars

Bilderberg Parkhotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Westersingel 70, 3015 LB Rotterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Pleasant and central good food too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Central location in easy walking distance of city centre and maritime quarter as well as other areas such as the euro-mast. Large spacious rooms, comfortable fittings and excellent gourmet dinning restaurant 70 attached to the hotel. Good staff service and all round excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms to rear have outside balcony with seating
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BilderbergParkhotel, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear David C,

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! It has been a pleasure to see that you had such a good stay. I forwarded your compliments to the concerned departments, and hope to welcome you soon in Rotterdam!

Janneke van Beuzekom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel is very central located and just next to metro station. Breakfast is very good and the public areas are very nice looking. Room are a bit tired and old and I would not be suprised that they would start renovating the rooms soon. We were in tower room and they upgrated us without asking which was nice.

Room Tip: Lower garden rooms are very different from the tower rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HotelguyFinland,

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel! We really appreciated when we receive feedback.
It makes me proud to read that you had such a good stay, and I have forwarded your compliments to the concerned departments.

I hope to welcome you in Rotterdam again soon!

Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

it's always a bad sign when you arrive at reception only to be asked to wait so calls can be answered. Ordered tomato soup on room service - food arrive uncovered and hence tepid - very small serving - no breadroll - no salt and pepper and not even a glass for the mineral water. Rooms are unexciting and wifi expensive.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here for three nights on business. My room was basic, in what I believe is the older part of the hotel. It was quiet.

Initially I only had one towel but I found an extra in the wardrobe. There is only a single towel rail, in a very small bathroom. The bin had not been emptied before I arrived, and there was only a single bottle of body wash - no face towel or cup in the bathroom. However, these were all present the next day, along with additional toiletries, after the room had been cleaned, which leads me to believe it was not cleaned properly before I checked in.

I had to pay for wifi, which was 25 Euros for 48 hours - this was unexpected and in my opinion expensive. In previous hotels where wifi is charged there is usually a business centre where wifi can be obtained for free for an hour or so - this was not the case in this hotel. My room did not include breakfast and I did not pay for this as it was 25 Euros - again, very expensive. The location is good, so there were places nearby where I had breakfast instead.

Overall the room was acceptable for what I needed it for. But the cost of the "add-ons" is disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear PinkySwear,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of the Bilderberg Parkhotel. I;m glad to see that you had a pleasant stay. Your comments with regards to the missing toiletries have been shared with our Housekeeping department to avoid it from happening again in the future. My sincere apologies for this.

I hope to welcome you again soon at the Parkhotel!

Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked this hotel with a special discount offer and free entrance tickets to the Kunsthal. When we arrived they offered us a nicer room (in the tower) for free. We went to the museum (great!) and to the city. Everything is near the hotel. We had a great 3 course dinner at the hotel. It was realy good! Would recomend the restaurant! The beds where nice, the room was quiet. I didn't use the wifi (you had to pay for it, a big 'no' for a high quality hotel). Breakfast was ok, but not so much choice and I would expect more (fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh backed egs etc) for €25. It was incluided for us, but if I had to pay the €25 I would have my breakfast in one of the restaurants in the Witte de Withstraat across the street (NRC is very nice). The staff was very helpfull.

Room Tip: The rooms in the tower are nice, nice view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rinkster123,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Bilderberg Parkhotel. We highly value the opinion of our guests, and I'm happy to see that you very much enjoyed your stay at the Parkhotel. I will make sure all the concerned departments receive the compliments you give them.

Thanks again, and I hope to welcome you again soon!

Famagusta, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'm a frequent business visitor to Rotterdam and have stayed at this hotel on at least on 4 occasions. It is a big hotel consequently lacking character. I prefer other hotels in Rotterdam but Bilderberg is actually a pretty reasonable hotel. I've stayed at the rooms in the tower, rooms are massive in this part of the hotel. The hotel is quite dated now and needs refurbishment.
The breakfast is good but the breakfast area is far too small for the size of the hotel. I would probably stay here more often but I hate paying for Wi-fi. I have paid for Wi fi at the hotel but found it far too slow to permit remote working.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear MehmetCyprus,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Bilderberg Parkhotel. We highly value the opinion of our guests. I understand your comment about paying for Wifi. We recently updated our wifi network and the connection is now not only fast, but also very secure. This is why we charge a small fee for the use of it.

I hope we can welcome you back soon in the Grande Dame of Rotterdam!

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Average nice hotel in walking distance from the central station, and the shopping area. From the hotel it is also walking distance to the upmarket restaurant and event place Las Palmas on the Wilhelminakade across the canal. Quite large room with great views form floor to roof windows. Bed and bathroom facilities were good. The room became slightly warm during the night with the a/c switched off (noisy). Staff at front desk, breakfast room and the bar were all very accomodating and friendly. So why only 3 out of 5 marks? Well, in 2013 I expect free internet access in a hotel of such standards and I am think that a € 17 charge for 24h wifi-access is a ripoff! To me, that is enough to choose a different hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JannekevBeuzekom, General Manager at Bilderberg Parkhotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Ullert,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! It's good to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

At Bilderberg, we would like to handle things well. Therefore we don't offer free WiFi, but the WiFi is of very good quality and ask for a small fee. We have recently upgraded our internet acces to a glassfiber connection, available throughout the whole hotel.

I hope we can welcome you again soon at the Bilderberg Parkhotel!

Janneke van Beuzekom

Been to Bilderberg Parkhotel? Share your experiences!