“Top quality in Rotterdam” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Lima, Peru
“Top quality in Rotterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Superb! Sincé the beginning the food, champagne and wine were excellent. The service is really good in terms of attention and guidance through the menu, although it could be faster (we stayed there for over 3 hours), maybe because there were not many waiters.
They have this menu recommended by the cheff, but we wanted to try different things, so we went for the menu list and I believe it was much better. Whatever you do, you have to try the cheese, not only for the high quality but also for the show, the trolley is beautiful.
The only problem is the location, so don't take a table next to the window, it is not nice outside. Also the tables are kind of exposed so it is not very romantic.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Schipluiden, The Netherlands
“Say Cheese :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Top experience at Fred. Recomendable are the wine arrangement, so you can fully enjoy the special choice of the sommelier. His comments on the wine were very original and informative. The choice was non-standard, but very good.
We specially enjoyed the cheese assortment (50+ different cheeses) and the in nthe arrangement included 2 different wines with the cheese, to make you find teh best combination each time.
Looking at a busy street while eating is less romantic.
Absolutely recomended!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We had the best time here.

The food was incredibly innovative, creative and delicious. 10/10

The staff were incredibly pleasant, cheerful and welcoming.
The decor was of high class and the Matre D spent some time telling us amazing things about the restaurant - the price and materials of various features around the restaurant.

We decided to dine A la Carte as we couldn't afford the set menus but we were still given a few special courses and a wine to accompany each course, even something to refreah pur taste buds bedore desert!' and we were shocked to discover how cheap the total bill came to.

I would highly recommend this place. The only issue was the slightly longer wait between courses but that's understandable as we coul see everything being made fresh.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great food and service for group of 13 people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I believe that this was my first visit to a Dutch Michelin starred restaurant but I have been to plenty in the UK and elsewhere. This place compared well to the major city Michelin Stars I've eaten at. The service was very good considering that we were a relatively large group with our party's arrival being fragmented by traffic delays. We ate from the taster menu with a glass of wine selected to accompany each dish. The food was very well presented and was inventive with some thoughtful wine selections accompanying each dish. The dishes were introduced to us in a clear and non pompous fashion which was just about right. The cheese selection was excellent and even the petits fours and madeleines served with our coffee were inventive (especially a wasabi chocolate macaroon)! The place was plush and modern but was in danger of stepping into bling territory! Overall a really enjoyable night. I'd recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Freehold, NJ, USA
“Maybe they are trying too hard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I try to go to a least one Michelin star restaurant in every city I visit, and I travel a lot! Fred, to me was just ok, when comparing to others. I ordered the 4 course tasting menu. It was evident that the chef was very capable and creative, but it almost seemed like each course was a little over the top - beautiful & intricate presentation, but not exactly impressive flavor. Perhaps the chef's menu that day was not in line with my palette. I have to give the restaurant 4 stars as the food was still above par and the service was great.

Visited September 2012