“Okay but dont expect too much-needed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Spido Harbor Tour

Spido Harbor Tour
Willemsplien 85, Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdriehoek)
+31 (0)10 275 99 89
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 41 Activities in Rotterdam
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Okay but dont expect too much-needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Did the 75 minute trip this morning. The boat is impressive and the refreshments are of a high standard but the bottom line is it's just not a very interesting trip. Having arrived at the Hoek of Holland by ferry several times over the years, this excursion really adds nothing to that experience. I'm sure the commentary was informative but we couldn't hear it.

Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
9 attraction reviews
“Nice boats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I always thought their boats were beautiful! Great view once you're on top of the boat. Drinks were very expensive but oh well. You get to see a lot of the big harbor we have in Rotterdam. I personally still love going on trips with Spido's boats. Staff is friendly and there's enough space for everyone to get a good view of the city.

Visited March 2014
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“harbor visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

For pople who never have seen big ships and a grate harbor, this is the perfect way to do it and injoy the view of this exellent journy

Visited July 2014
Canterbury, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“Excellent trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I took the extended harbour tour which is only offered on certain days. It lasts 150 minutes and does a thorough tour of the port from the Erasmus bridge to approximately half way to the sea. You'll see the boat traffic, container docks, ship building areas etc. Incidentally the Welcome Card discount is not available on this trip (only for the 75 minute version) but it is still worth the money (€18.50). The tour boats are spacious with plenty of seats inside and outside. You can by coffee, cakes (limited selection) etc on board. The commentary is in Dutch, German and English. Board early to get a good seat. Right hand side is best as this is what the commentary focuses on. Even in sunny weather it can be breezy on the open water so a coat/jumper might be handy. Binoculars a good idea too. Rotterdam is an amazing port and the scale of it is impressive. It really is "the mouth" of Europe. I'd have liked to have gone even further out to see the tankers and new container terminals nearer the sea, but I guess this would take 5 hours round trip, so probably not viable!

Bali
“Rotterdam to Willemstad full day trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband & I took my mum on Wednesday 30th July on this boat trip as a birthday treat, it was a beautiful sunny day. We were very impressed with everything. We went on the 'James Cook' boat which was of a very high standard. We sat by a window with comfortable chairs and a table. The staff were very accommodating, my mum & I were even given an english version of the day trip commentary which helped us, as my husband is Dutch as was most of the other people on board. The facilties were excellent.
When we got on board we were given apple pie & a drink and then a fantastic buffet for lunch, this was certainly not to be missed, a great entrance of the food, but I won't spoil in telling any more about this because it has to be seen.
We would certainly recommend this trip to everyone

Visited July 2014