“Gorgeous food and wine!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Eendracht

Restaurant Eendracht
Eendrachtsweg 31a, Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Cool)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 475 restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, Bistro, Organic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Cool
Description: Eendracht is a small restaurant, guests are seated at or around the kitchen and are an intricate part of the dynamics of the evening. On the second floor there is a separate, tasteful function room for group diners.We are straightforward with charm, much like the city of Rotterdam itself. In the middle of the restaurant is the woodburning oven, the genuine hart of the place. The rustic and authentic flavors that it brings are matched with delicate, fresh elements on the plate, to make for harmonious dishes. We don’t shun the newest techniques, as long as they don’t overshadow the integrity of the products we’re using.
Stavanger, Norway
“Gorgeous food and wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was lucky enough to experience Restaurant Eendracht on Friday evening. WOW.....just perfect. We loved the casual cosy atmosphere and the amazing food and wine, all the food was so well presented and each course and wine explained so well by our lovely waiter Ward!

10 out of 10 for a very pleasant and satisfying experience :-)

• Visited September 2013

93% Recommend
Shanghai, China
“surprising and very entertaining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Love the fact that you don't have to spend a lot of time going over a menu and debate what to choose, as the chef decides for you. Also a nice way to try something you would normally not pick if choosing from a menu.
My husband and I both love cooking and very much enjoyed sitting at the long table, watching the chef at work and really amazing to see that he can prepare so many things in that wood-fired oven!

Have been back several times and it always had a great evening!

• Visited December 2012
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“My favourite Rotterdam restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went to Eendracht a few weeks ago when i had family visiting, i looked on the website and saw they did a reasonably priced set menu so booked. I have to say, for the price of the set menu this is fantastic value for money. The restaurant is quite small but had a really nice atmosphere. We had a wine arrangement to go with each course which id highly recommend. All the food was served in perfect time giving us all time to enjoy each glass of wine we got to accompany, the wine was matched perfect (some of the nicest i've had) The food was amazing. Everything cooked perfect and in my opinion perfect portions. I've eaten in a few michelin starred restaurants and this deserves one!! I cant praise it enough. The waiter was great, explained everything perfect from the wines to the food, very pleasant and made the experience perfect! I cant wait to go back here in 2 weeks time :)

• Visited July 2013
NL
“Be surprised, eat local, organic sophisticated cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We wanted to come here in the winter because of the oven, but somehow it did not happen. I wanted to celebrate my birthday with my husband and Eendracht was one of the few top restaurants open on a monday and not closed for vacation so we decided for it.
One of my requests was for a vegan meal and for a meatless meal and the chef was really nice and accommodating. We both had a 5 course meal (which ended up being too much for me, but I ate everything).
We decided to seat inside to see once in a while what was happening, but the most special ingredients have been prepared in advance: the mini smoked beets, the brilliant white aspargus tofu (!), the beetroot sorbet...
Each dish was imaginative and had smoky and moussy ingredients. The chef likes to play with textures and mix in Japanese ingredients which were very surprising and welcomed.
The wine list was good the service impeccable. The beautiful porcelain and utensils where food is served contributes further to a very "grounded" and "down to earth" fancy restaurant. We want to come back in the winter and would motivate the chef to use even more a mix of West and Far-East cuisines which is rather uncommon in the Netherlands.
Funny enough, the next day I was celebrating with friends at a bar and the chef was there and tried one of my cupcakes *big blush*.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Zurich, Switzerland
“expected a bit more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Reading the reviews on Trip advisor I decided to book this restaurant for a surprise party for one of my colleague.
The positive: service is good (remember you are in the Nederland!), they were up to the surprise and played a bit along, which I liked it, location is good, corner to a very busy street with bars and restaurants. We have been offered a 4 course menu (after refusing the 7 course when I made the reservation) and the waiter was interested in type of allergies and food intolerances we might have. I really appreciated this.
The points which gave the feel it could be better: our table was outside, in an interior court, between 2 buildings (unfortunately they do not have a front terrace where one can feel the vibe of the street), as well the interior court leaves much to desire in terms of view and decoration. Food was good but not great. Price was pricy.

Visited July 2013