“Perfect place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salomon's Room

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leiden
Salomon's Room
Herensteeg 21, Leiden 2311SH, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Leiden B&B and Inns
Helsinki, Finland
“Perfect place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The apartment was absolutely wonderful. Sadly we didn't have a longer vacation and more time to stay in the rooms. Great breakfast! Poffertjes (small pancakes) were delicious. Leiden is nice, there's much more than visiting Keukenhof.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at this lovely B&B in central Leiden for 4 nights. It is a nice/quaint area near the courtyard of an old church (very quiet when we were there), but it is still just steps away from many shops and city hall. About a 15 to 20 minute leisurely walk from Leiden Centraal Station. The flat is on the top floor of a home which is quite spacious / private, and it is just high enough to see out over the surrounding area. Big windows let in a lot of light. The owner was very kind and accommodating. Excellent breakfasts. I would happily recommend this place to other travelers, and would also stay there again myself if I ever return to Leiden.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wien
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in Leiden for 5 nights. The b&b was awesome.
The owners were friendly, the room was cute, decorated in a very personal and warm way. more than enough space for two persons. it also has a balcony with view over the roofs!

Located next to the St. Pieterskerk, in walking distance to the city center. Some nice bars in the neighborhood, but no noise at night.
we would definitely come back.

ps: Breakfast is so rich, we had to start lunch canceling.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was there very satisfied. In the city center. Lovely furnished rooms. Very good room service. Breakfast menu according your wishies. Very friendly atmosphere. The owner and operator of the hotel is very charming person. I can highly recommend. Renáta from Brno (CZ)
(I was there in february 2012, but this date is not in the options choice)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ayvalik, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Lovely central location with a very kind owner (Griet) who even tried to find someone to lend me a power supply for my macbook before I arrived as I had left mine behind - how kind is that! Spacious accommodation and wonderful breakfast especially the raspberry yoghurt and muesli. I heartily recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Various members of my family have stayed at this wonderful b&b over the past few years. I live in Leiden but don't have enough room to put up guests, and this is a perfect solution. Griet is a generous and incredibly friendly and welcoming hostess, and she does everything she can to make guests feel comfortable. The apartment is wonderfully large, and in a super location right in the center of Leiden close to the university. I would not want a better location for my guests! She serves a delicious breakfast every morning in her own house. She enjoys getting to know new people and is a world traveler and lover of art and music. My mom loved talking to her and spent an hour or so every morning at breakfast, but if you prefer to have a more private breakfast then she will of course adapt to that. I almost would rather not share this address but know it is good for Griet's business to have more guests! I can't say enough good things about Griet & Wim and their lovely Solomon's room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Salomon's Room is a too good a secret to keep to myself. I looked on Trip Advisor for a place to stay in Leiden, where I recently spent 4 days visiting my daughter at the University. This is not your typical B & B, nor your typical cramped Dutch accommodations. Salomon's room is really the entire 3rd floor of Griet and Wim's home. Private entrance, comfortable double bed, shower in the bathroom and a large living room with comfy chairs and loads of books, a DVD player, a breakfast table and chairs. And of course the delicious breakfast served by Griet. They were so accommodating, even giving me a lift to the station in their own car the day I left; and the room felt like home-only better! Books, art, tasteful touches made this a home-away-from-home. The location is excellent too-easy to walk everywhere. Stay here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Salomon's Room? Share your experiences!