“Terrible service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I am visiting Gouda for 2 days while I cycle in the area. I was hungry after cycling all afternoon so tried the Delphi because of the reviews. There was only one waitress when I arrived, and 2 servers. After 25 minutes, I still hadn't received a menu. The waitress then told me they had no menus in English but would help me in a few minutes. After a further 10 minutes (while my blood sugar was crashing), I stopped her to ask if they could serve chicken souvlaki. She said she didn't know but would find out! Five minutes later she said that they could do it. To make a frustrating story shorter, after 65 minutes with no bread or anything served, and no explanation of when I would receive my dinner, I walked out. The restaurant was almost full, which suggests a good reputation, but there was not enough serving staff to handle the situation and the waitress was not really interested in serving me (one customer versus tables of four). I went to an Italian restaurant and was fully served in 20 minutes.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rapid City, South Dakota
“Really a nice surprise in the Netherlands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stopped in because they had a statue of a Roman soldier in front of a Greek restaurant so had to be off key. You start with a complimentary Ouzo cocktail, and then you can jump right into the Delphi Platter which is more than enough food for two. Baklava for desert is very good, and the servers are friendly, speak relatively good english (much better than my dutch or greek), and have immaculate serving skills. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Haastrecht, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Nice, open, friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Very friendly, good food for a good price in a very nice city.

Visited December 2011
Gouda, The Netherlands
“Nice Greek restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

I've been here several times since I live in Gouda, and this restaurant is my first choice for Greek food (there are two other greek restaurants nearby). The service is great, the food doesn't cost much and it is very delicious. As always with Greek restaurants, the food also is plenty.

The interior is very 'greek', with fresco's and fake marble statues etc. Some might consider it 'too much' but I think that when you dine in a Greek restaurant you should have a Greek interior, and that certainly is the case.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Outstanding and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

What a great friendly restaurant in Gouda! Great food, well prepared, and excellent value. Service was warm and friendly and they had English language menus for us. An excellent choice for casual dining when in Gouda!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere