“I felt at home----3000 miles away!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mount Holly, New Jersey
“I felt at home----3000 miles away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

The food was great---freshly prepared, simple, local ingredients. The staff were friendly and helpful (but not uncomfortably familiar) and the atmosphere made me want to stay all night.

I was having a terrible business trip--my hotel room was unwelcoming and uninviting, I had no one to eat with, I was lonely. This restaurant and staff made me feel welcomed and comforted and I cannot say enough about my positive experience there.

I will definitely return and bring friends and colleagues.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Papendrecht , Netherlands
“Fantastic small restaurant !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Went with some colleagues to "eetcafe 't Bevertje" ; in a cozy settlement you can eat your heart out ! A tiny , small restaurant , with a big bar and a couple of table's , in the centre of the oldest city in Holland. This restaurant is normally closed on saterday's & sunday's , and sometimes it's for private party's on the friday-evening , but if you can manage to go there on a weekday's evening , you will not be disapointed. Very friendly staff and great food ! When ordering steak , the owner/chef ? is coming to your table and shows you the piece of meat he wants to use. Cooked perfectly , this is a restaurant you will be visiting over and over again. Dishes are proportioned oke , and prices are reasonable. During our stay the bar is open for visitors who don't use the restaurant , but it's not a "cafe like" environment. We loved it !

• Visited October 2011