“Great experience in a lovely little Delft” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Johannes Vermeer
18 - 22 Moslaan, Delft 2611, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #7 of 18 hotels in Delft
Bandung
“Great experience in a lovely little Delft”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights in early August. Location was great, not really far from the main train station and food area. Though it would be quite a walk with luggages (especially if you're traveling with family or kids). Rooms were refurbished and new. AC, tv, shower, lighting, worked perfectly well. I asked for the canal-view room, and it was great. My kids have the oude kerk (old church)-view. However, the little stairs to get to our rooms were hard to climb with luggages. The room was spacey, clean, and neat. Breakfast was served greatly, and they even served hot chocolate when you ask for it. When you use the taxi to go back to the train station, the hotel would book one for you.

Overall, it was a great stay and I would definitely stay in Johannes Vermeer when I visit Delft.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend, and took their last available double room, at a nice price, though I did have to negotiate (twice) to get the price listed on their website. Unfortunately, I have to say that given the cuteness of the building and the nice ambience of the lobby and dining area, that the room was disappointing. It was room #31, way in the back, very gloomy and dark due to trees covering the windows. It also had a musty smell, but we figured, we'd only be there one night... we could deal with it. The bathroom was very nice, and spotlessly clean, but when my husband tried to open the small refrigerator in the room, the whole door came off in his hand! We went out for dinner and came back late - a little before 11.

When I got into the bed, I realized why the musty smell... the sheets and comforter were damp, cold and clammy, and so was the carpet, when I checked. We believe this was perhaps a storage room previously and the carpet is laid over bare concrete, probably no insulation...

At any rate, I knew I couldn't sleep there in a wet bed, so my husband went up to talk to the desk clerk and caught him just before he left (hotel is not staffed at all after 11). He phoned the manager, and they ended up giving us the honeymoon suite for the night.

We slept comfortably, however, the lights in the bathroom didn't work at all, and the jacuzzi tub was dirty and had lots of hair in it. The decor was a little odd too, but hey, we slept well.

The hotel staff was wonderful, very friendly and accommodating and breakfast was also quite good, with a nice variety of foods, fresh fruits and juices, nice pastries, eggs and delicious coffee.

However, this hotel that could be a first-class place, is instead a bit tired, worn, and not very well maintained. I'm hopeful they'll do some needed maintenance and stop booking people into room #31...

I would not rule it out... if you are looking for an excellent, central location, sweet outdoor seating along the canal... just don't let them put you in room #31!

Room Tip: Just avoid #31.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Walhain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Comfortable bed and breakfast was very good.
Staff very friendly.
Good situation in Delft. The hotel paid our parking.
Do not forget to visit Vermeer Centrum which is very interesting and well presented.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kortrijk, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

we enjoyed our stay a lot. Staff was not professional, however very friendly, welcoming and correct. Based on the bar and breakfast room, we expected a very nice room. The room itself (honeymoon suite Girl with Pearl Earring) was spatious but totally outdated and not cosy at all. Weird colour combination on the walls and ceiling made us laugh.

Breakfast was very good and more than enough.

Conclusion: nice hotel, do not expect too much

Stayed March 2012
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed in johannes vermeer hotel for 3 days for a business trip.
Good
The rooms take you back in history. Everything feels so authentic. The service was ok, not so professional, but very friendly and personal. I really like that. I asked for a late check-out and they gave me more time than enough. The breakfast was good to very good.

Bad
My business collegue complainted strongly about the cleaness of the room. There was indeed a lot of dust when i visited his room. Also there is no elevator, so if you have a lot of luggage , to go to the upper floors! You will have a lot of staircases to use. Lastly the receptionists were one-man-show! Reception, breakfast, restaurant, anything really! Usually only one is present and does everything, that means you have sometimes to wait for him serve breakfast in order to check-out!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

The hotel is right in the heart of Delft, in front of a picturesque cannal. You can park your car in the Zuidwal parking just a few minutes away. You also receive a reduction from the hotel for a day's parking ticket. Our room was well decorated , the bed was really very comfortable and spotless clean. You can also surf the internet in your room.The bathroom was spacious, with all the necessary appliances. The only thing I missed in the room was a kettle for a late night coffee. Our breakfast was very satisfactory. The personel were very helpful and friendly. Delft is an exceptionally beautiful and romantic city, a must see for especially art lovers. There are hundreds of first class restaurants, authentic cafes and souvenir shops full to the brim with the beautiful Delft blue tiles and ceramics. Don't forget to visit the very famous Vermeer Centrum Delft, to see the paintings of the 17. century Delft painter Johannes Vermeer ; and also many Delft Pottery (including the Royal Delft) museum, factory and workshops. I live in Brussels-Belgium, so I visit Delft often. For my next visit, I will most certainly stay in Hotel Johannes Vermeer...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This place is vey clean and has a very good breakfast. The staff are friendly and professional. The rooms have an old, elegant feel: a hotel suitable for grandmother, mother and younger generations. Every room has a theme inspired by a (replica) Vermeer painting.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Johannes Vermeer? Share your experiences!