“Surprisingly enjoyable late-night meal” 4 of 5 stars

+31152123198
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Unique combination of Thai & Mexican Food thanks to the mixed backgrounds of the owners.(Thai & U.S.A.)East Meets West in a unique setting in the old center of Delft behind the old Townhall.
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly enjoyable late-night meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

My wife and I came out of a film then went to a bar for a drink. When we came out we found that all the restaurants were closed except La Cantina. The choice was to go back to the hotel hungry or give it a try. We're glad we did. We found the food to be surprisingly tasty and quite inexpensive. Not only were the staff friendly when we were there but posted my wife's gloves back to her in the U.K. after she'd left without them. A very kind gesture. This is above average Mexican food. Recommended.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Good food, a bit expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Ive been here last weekend with my girlfriend and I liked it. We reserved by phone and got a seat downstairs. The personnell was friendly. They were Thai which is kind of strange when going to a Mexican restaurant but they helped us quickly. There was some nice mexican music, a bit hard though. The entrance was nice, some meat balls (see picture) a thai flavour! After that enchiladas with chicken and gambas. Never had enchiladas with gambas but they were good. The dessert was also nice. They say the cocktails are great here but i found them expensive. Overall a good restaurant which I can recommend, its a bit expensive though since it is not that luxourious.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“La la mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Heavy on the cheese, light on fresh ingredients. Not much to recommend this place except it may be the only Mexican option in Delft.

• Visited September 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Simply a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Maybe it's becuas eI come from California, but every time I go to this place (yes, I keep going back, as my friends don't seem to get how bad it is), I hate myself a little more. The food is not Mexican at all, and the prices are outrageous for what you get. I simply do not understnad why anyone would go here unless forced (as I am), especially when there are such nice places all over Delft.

• Visited July 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
uk
“Awful service and terrible food DONT GO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Well when the waiter tells you, you have no idea about Mexican food, they you know service is terrible, the food was cold, very poor quality and tasted of McDonalds more than Mexican, we refused to pay for the food in the end it was so bad, literally inedible. Hardly a glowing endorsement when the owner says, yes alot of people tell us the food was terrible!!

• Visited May 2011