“It was closed...” 3 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Clearwater, Florida
“It was closed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

It was closed when I arrived so unfortunately I couldn't take a tour, however I did walk the grounds and it was beautiful!

Visited June 2013

Estepona, Spain
99 attraction reviews
“Ancient memories”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Slot Zuylen is well preserved and maintained. Strolling through the many nicely decorated rooms and romantic venues, you feel how live has been in this era. The garden is worth a walk, even as the weather doen't permit it. We had the luck to watch a falconer.

Visited May 2013
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
31 attraction reviews
“Not that special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We passed here on our way to the lakes (direction of Amsterdam) and though I always appreciate a nice castle, I think I would probably not have bothered as a single destination. I appreciated to read up on the history, and the castle looks very elegant from the outside, but other then a quick look inside and a nice walk around the beautifull garden, I do not think it was worth it. Special warning; do not drink the coffee in the cafe section. You might not live to tell. So all in all: pass by if you have a chance but do not bother to make this a special destination. Do as the locals (we did not), rent a bicycle to go there. Just as the famous poem of Konstantinos Kavafis says (Ithaka): the journey is more important then the destination :-)

Visited June 2012
utrecht
5 attraction reviews
“Feel like a knight or a princess”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I only saw it from the outside. it's quite a nice athmospere and you can take beautiful pictures. It is located on on my run route

Visited December 2012
Jackson, Wyoming
43 attraction reviews
“Slot Zuylen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We didn't tour this castle as it had just closed but it had the traditional mote and bridge. The castle was more traditionally square in shape. We plan to return and see the inside which was occupied by the first woman feminist of the Netherlands. She wrote many letters which are now on display in resin for visitors to follow along her paths and walkways.

Visited September 2012