“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH Utrecht

Save Saved
You added NH Utrecht to your Saves list
NH Utrecht
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jaarbeursplein, 24 | Central Station Area, 3521AR Utrecht, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Utrecht
Bangalore, India
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The stay was very comfortable as it was a hectic business trip I had made 4 years ago. The location suited me as it is accessible to the city centre. the rooms are modern, the breakfast was awesome and the staff were professional and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jan van Z, Manager at NH Utrecht, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Sathyasree,
It is a pleasure to read you have had a comfortable stay in our hotel during your trip.
Thank you for your nice comments on the service of our staff and our breakfast.
we will be happy to see you again in our hotel.
Assistant Hotel Manager NH Utrecht
j.zanten@nh-hotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the NH Utrecht for 2 nights for business. Overall, great location, but not a great hotel. the hallways on the floors and the rooms were dingy in a manner that was not conduscive to a good nights sleep.

First the pluses:
1. At just 1 1/2 blocks from the train station, it is quick, easy and inexpensive to get here from Schipohl airport or amsterdam. Additionally, it is a short walk to a variety of central-Utrecht attractions.
2. I though cost was reasonable - i paid ~ 120 Euros/night. You can consider if you think this is reasonable!
3. Staff was pleasant, efficient and helpful.
4. Free Wifi, perfectly adequate for email, but rather slow for big files
5. I had breakfast included, and breakfast was fine - nothing special, but ok.
6. Elevator requires using your key before entering your floor. I know many folks have said this is a negative, but this is not that unusual and is good for security/limiting access to floors with sleeping rooms. That said, i am not sure that Utrecht requires this level of security.

Now the downsides:
1. rooms and hallways on room floors were worn-appearing and prsence of stains - for example, in my sink - gave the impression of the room being dirty when it really wasnt.
2. Bed and pillows were very average - not particularly comfortable, not awful.
3. i stayed 2 nights, and while i don't think linens need to be changed every night, there was a small stain on my linens that i caused on the first night, and it was still there on the second night - they didn't change the pillow case.
4. Room lighting was dim.

My room wasn't carpeted - synthetic wood-look flooring - but very clean. So your call if this is a plus or a minus. Probably a plus in my mind.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jan van Z, Manager at NH Utrecht, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear GDC076,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at NH Utrecht on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to read your detailed review, and your positive remarks about our location, staff and our free wifi.
We know that our hotel is not the newest in town, but we do our utmost to make sure the rooms are clean and all equipment is working. I am happy to tell you that in the coming 2 weeks we will be replacing all our beds and mattresses, pillows will be done shortly after.
I have passed your remark about the stain on the pillow case to our housekeeping team, this should have been replaced, my apologies this has not been done.
Unfortunately we will not be able to change the lighting immediately, however I will make a note on our "wishlist" when refurbising plans will be made.

Once again we are very greatful for your detailed review about our hotel and are looking forward welcoming you in NH Utrecht again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do for you.

Assistant Hotel Manager
St. Malo, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The NH is conveniently located next to the central train station. Easy for the bus to get there, and our driver could even park next to the hotel the evening before our check-out. Our room was very modern, comfortable, and pleasant. Lobby staff very efficient and helpful. Even though we arrived too early, all rooms for our group were ready. Elevator works very fast, but you need the room key to go up (good for security). Breakfast is extensive, but not really the best. Scrambled eggs did not taste; meats were not so good, and the choice of cheese (for Holland) surprisingly small. But good overall. Wifi works very well in the room and is free. To get to downtown takes ca. 10 minutes through the train station, which is very busy. In our room the bathroom sink had a drainage problem, and we reported it at 6 p.m. When we came back at 9:30 p.m., nothing had been done. We called again, and only then did a person come and fixed it. Room has a fridge and flat tv. I needed a room for my group to hold a seminar, but they did not have anything available without a charge. We settled for the lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jan van Z, Manager at NH Utrecht, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear aclassen,

Thank you for review about NH Utrecht on Tripadvisor and your nice comments about our rooms and staff.
I am sorry to read you have had to ask twice to fix a drainage problem in you room. This should not have happened, please accept my genuine apology.
Your feedback about the breakfast is taken into account by our breakfast workforce. Currently our Antiox breakfast is being reviewed for all Dutch NH Hotels and adaptations will be made on short term. We also serve a daily fresh prepared egg dish during breakfast. Please do not hesitate to ask for it next time you will be visiting an NH Hotel.

I am looking forward welcoming you again at our hotel and please feel free to contact me at any time if there is anything I can do for you.

Assistant Hotel Manager
Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This hotel is in need of a complete make over. Wall paper in the hall falling of the wall, it looks like a warzone. Room is very smelly and the airco made a lot of noise. Not like other NH hotels where we have stayed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I have hesitated before booking this hotel du to the negative comments that I read. I have decided to book anyways since it was close to central station and I wanted to be able to also visit Amsterdam. I didn't regret my choice. Yes the rooms need to be refreshed but they are clean and comfortable. The staff is amazingly friendly! A special tanks to Leonardo and sabahatin at the bar! Wow! What an amazing service! Thank you guys for you warm welcome and service all along my stay!
The hotel is 2 minutes walk to train station and 10 minutes walk to downtown Utrecht. I would come back to this hotel anytime and would greatly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I booked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and wasn't disappointed. It was just outside the train station. The hotel was trendy and modern and the staff was helpful.

The room was modern and had a great view of the city. The free wi-fi was good and I was able to plan the next day's itinerary in great comfort.

I didn't realize the breakfast was complimentary. Later I looked at it -- it looked great with eggs and beans and breads and pastries.

I definitely would come back on another visit!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed at th NH Utrecht whilst visiting Utrecht for a wedding.

The check in was quick, very helpful staff running the front desk who also arranged that we could get an early check-in which was a real bonus. Bar staff, cleaners everyone were equally friendly & efficient. Our room on floor 10 was large, clean, comfortable bed & had everything that we needed. Location is great, 5 minute walk & your into the city centre. Parking is limited directly outside the hotel, we had to pay 17.50 for 24hrs, expensive but very handy.

Only downside was that it seemed to take an age for the lifts to come, especially when going down to the lobby in the morning & having to use your room key/card for going up in the lift.

We found the optional breakfast very expensive, but it was very good!

Would certainly stay there again when we are in the area, great hotel for the price you pay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to NH Utrecht? Share your experiences!