“a wonderful surprise -” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Achter het witte huis

Achter het witte huis
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Utrecht
Achter het witte huis
Prinses Beatrixlaan 16 | 3554 JK Utrecht (North), Utrecht, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #10 of 23 Utrecht B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“a wonderful surprise -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

can't believe I've left it so long to review this place - I was there a year ago but cannot begin to describe how lovely this accommodation is. It is a short bus ride from the city centre, but this was an adventure for me as I'd never been to Amsterdam or away anywhere by myself before this.
This is a little apartment set aside from the main house (which looks like a standard, but very pretty family home from the outside). I was greeted by Vincent - a lovely down to earth man who showed me to my 'room' which was a beautiful, private bedroom/sittingroom down a little path from the back of the house. There are two apartments there. The room was clean, bright and airy and full of character, including little dolls which a friend of the family had made - There are all sorts of trinkets, and books with a story behind them in the apartment, and Yolanda (hope I spell that correctly) and Vincent will spend as much or as little time as you want explaining them to you.
Breakfast arrived the following morning with a little knock on my door and when I opened it there was a pretty tray outside with eggs from the family chickens which were yummy. I was able to take the family bike to my meeting a few miles away and was given great directions to where I needed to go, with maps, and drawings and all.
I loved this place and cannot wait to go back. You can keep your big fancy hotels now, this is most certainly where I'll go next time I'm in Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

3 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo

Been to Achter het witte huis? Share your experiences!