“a little gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche

Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche
You added Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche to your Saves list
Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hilversumsestraatweg 14, 3744 KC Baarn, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baarn
London, United Kingdom
“a little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nestling in the woods this little hotel is a very nice place to spend so effective business time. Just finished a meeting here for two days and really managed to 'get out of the office'. Food was very good and the rooms are very comfortable. Very good access to Schiphol airport too....traffic permitting!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here for one day & night to celebrate the wedding of friends. The hotel sits in beautiful surroundings and we all had a wonderful time. The staff were extremely helpful and tastefully unobstrusive. Our room was very big and comfortable with good amenities and had the added bonus of a view of the front gardens and fountains. The wedding party were the only guests staying in the hotel which made everyone very relaxed. The food was exceptional and I can't fault the service at the bar.
All in all a wonderful location for a wedding :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I was here for a conference last year. The hotel is splendid and the staff were fantastic. I arrived late and was too tired to have a meal even though some clients had put on dinner for me, the young man on front desk insisted I ate something and said that he would have it sent up to my room. The staff were very caring and attentive.

The rooms looked as though they had only recently been refurbished and were very tastefully decorated, with good amenities and my room was very large and had a fantasic view of the front gardens.

The only downside was that I was bitten by something on my ankle and when I came back from my trip my ankle had swollen to double its size. I had to take some antihistemine to get the swelling down : (

Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

It looks a lovely place - a fine castle in splendid grounds... I know because I made a detour to go and see the place before booking 6 weeks ahead for a surprise for my wife's 50th birthday... a deluxe room at 160 Euro. Just one week before, the hotel phoned me to say that our room would be noisy until 1am, because of a wedding party in the room immediately below. No, they could not offer me another room. No, they would not offer me a reduction. I said that I would accept it given such short notice to find anywhere else, and if it was really bad, I would then request some compensation. Two days later, they phoned my wife (my name was on the booking) and told her they were phoning about the booking I'd made! Aaargghh!!! Even the surprise was now gone. I phoned them back - they would transfer me to another hotel 20 km away: this would be 174Euro including breakfast, compared with 189Euro for Hooge Vuursche including breakfast. No, they wouldn't offer me a further reduction. I cancelled my booking... and I never got to see the inside.

Stayed July 2006

Been to Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche

Address: Hilversumsestraatweg 14, 3744 KC Baarn, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > Utrecht Province > Baarn
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baarn
Hotel Class:4 star — Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Mercure Baarn Kasteel de Hooge Vuursche, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.