“Nice for a romantic evening” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 145 Restaurants in Amersfoort
Cuisines: Dutch
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice for a romantic evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I was taken here by two friends and they managed to squeeze us in at six because they were completely booked for the later seatings. The restaurant is by the canal and I found it quite charming. Service was leisurely--we spent 3 1/2 hours there, but the food was excellent. I had sea scallops with white chocolate and pistachios to start, followed by springbok with a dark chocolate sauce and tarte tartin with pear sorbet as a dessert. Absolutely delicious, although the accompanying french fries were a little strange. The accompanying wines were good but not outstanding.

Visited March 2014

Hong Kong
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Visited the restaurant for 3 times during a 3-week business trip staying in Amersfoort. We dined out every evening but only this place we eat-in for 3 times.
Interior of the restaurant was well decorated which was quite cozy.
The menu was only in Dutch but the staff were very patient in translating/explaining the food they offered in English. We always had the 3 course dinner.
Scallop and Cappacio were the must try for starter. They were very fresh and tasty.
Cat fish (fish of the day) and the steak as the main were as well highly recommended. They were cooked just right served with great sauce.
Although fries were served in most restaurants in Holland, me and my colleagues found those in De Ondeugd were the best we ever had. The outer was crispy (not deep fried/baked) and the inner was smooth and fresh, perfect.
Definitely recommend this restaurant if you are visiting Amersfoort.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Genf
“Nice location, good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Sitting on the terrace next to the canal was a real pleasure. The menu is ok and the food we ordered was good. Most of the menues were served with french fries, where I am not a fan of. Not overwhelmed, however not sure if much better alternatives exist.

Visited August 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Good ambiance, good location, mistakes corrected immediately”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Ate here on a recent busy Saturday night. Liked the feel and layout. Something reassuring and Dutch about the fittings and decor. Had the €25 fixed menu and wine by the glass. My steak was undercooked, ie it was cool and very pink in the middle. I brought this to the attention of management and had the problem dealt with immediately. What was impressive was the way the problem was rectified with tact, apologies and speed. My steak was returned to me in less than two minutes on a new plate with fresh trimmings. The food is not extraordinary but presentation is very good. We had a very enjoyable night. I feel that what could have been a spoiler was handled so well that I would not hesitate to return and would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Potentially good but stack service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Cosy and romantic. We ate outside in the back garden on a warm evening.
The food was of a good level and well presented.
The service on the other hand was slow and inattentive, something that I feel is often the case in Amersfoort.
Ideal for an informal Tete a Tete.

• Visited July 2013