“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Turkish
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We went here because we've read an amazing review about this restaurant. The first impression is mediocre, the design isn't great and the ambiance isn't either. But the wonderful lamps and service make up a lot. And then the food...whoa. I ordered the fried eggplant as a starter and had the tij veyetarian for the main course. It was better than I hoped for and kept me longing for more and more, the taste is great and the food is fresh. Staff amazing and helping, this is definitely a keeper!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Utrecht, Netherlands
“top experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This restaurant is located far from the pretty historic center of Amersfoort but it is close to the A28 highway so if you are travelling by car it is easy to reach.
The restaurant looks very unassuming from the outside and the interior with its wooden chairs is simple too but we had a great experience eating here.
It started with the genuine hospitality that staff showed to us. They take real pride in their food and will gladly explain the menu and give advice.
My wife had Hunkar begendi, a great dish of aubergine and lamb meat. I took adana kebab with yoghurt sauce.
It was great and even though I am not an expert in turkish food I have the impression that this restaurant tries to be authentic, using traditional methods to prepare and cook the food.
We also liked the amuse of fresh bread with dips of aubergine and yoghurt/tomato/wallnut, very well done!
Prices are very reasonable, especially when you look at what you get.
Highly recommended.