“Berghotel is on a 'mountain'” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regardz Berghotel Amersfoort

You added Regardz Berghotel Amersfoort to your Saves list
Regardz Berghotel Amersfoort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Utrechtseweg 225, NL-3818EG Amersfoort, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Amersfoort
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Berghotel is on a 'mountain'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

Yes, there are 'mountains' in the Netherlands! And the Berghotel is on one of them. Not very high, but in comparison to the rest of the landscape, quite noticeable. So if you don’t like dragging your luggage up a hill, then take a taxi. But it was a nice brisk walk from the station to the hotel. Hotel is set in a very parklike setting with trees and gardens. Across the road is then also a huge open ‘wild’ park. So the feeling is immediately of tranquillity and being in the open even though it is next to a busy road. The hotel has a very nice contemporary feeling to it and the rooms are trendy. A bit OTT but at least different to most hotels! If you have a choice (depends on your pocket), take a room in the new part of the hotel – they are larger and greater looking. I had a corner room which was even bigger. I used the fitness centre which was basic but adequate. Reception was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Judith was a star when I got there. So were the others at reception. Those in the breakfast room were a bit sullen (too early maybe?)! Breakfast was a buffet with all the usual trimmings and more. And propper coffee! The hotel has conference facilities for smaller groups, but then they have a conference centre opposite the station (great for people travelling to conferences from other areas). So I had the opportunity to climb the ‘mountain’ several times!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

My husband and I decided to stay at this hotel on our easterholiday to Holland. We did not know much about Amersfoort, but we were pleasently surprised. Very cozy city with lots of shops and an easy train-ride to Amsterdam.

Regardz Berghotel had a nice offer, we spent 4 days in a superior room including breakfast. Already from the reservation things were looking good because of the very kind and helpful emails from receptionist Anne-Mai.

We had no problems finding the hotel. It is located 15-20 minutes (walking) from the city centre of Amersfoort. They had lots of free parking outside. The service was great and we were given a wonderful big room, clean and very modern decorated.

The breakfast was wonderful too. Lots to choose from and both warm and cold dishes. On easter sunday they even had the most beautiful decorated cakes and champagne.

We ate dinner in their restaurant the first night. The food and service was excellent but a bit expensive. There are lots of good and cheap restaurants in the city if you are on a budget.

All of the staff were very sweet and helpful. You can take the train to Amsterdam, we prefered that and left our car in Amersfoort.
Infact we liked Amersfoort much more, Amsterdam is to hectic.

If we are going to Holland again, I am certain that we will visit Amersfoort and if possible stay at Regardz Berghotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Antony, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

This hotel is located at 5 minutes driving from the train station. It's quiet and the staff is really fantastic.
Rooms are clean but small.
I also advice the restaurant!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

We stayed here for over a week. Although the rooms were decent sized and clean, there were several days at breakfast when it seemed to be a free-for-all to even get a piece of bread and coffee. They do not seem prepared to have more than a few people at breakfast, there was no cereal, bread, water, eggs, meat, nothing but boiled eggs, with a HUGE line at the one coffee maker and people reaching around you and grabbing food. And that is what you get for 20 euros fro breakfast. I also spent over 129 euros for internet access over 10 days since my family is in the states, and was force to purchase it twice on the last day. I wanted to download a movie from itunes and there is a 500m limit. Now I didn't care about the movie, but your internet access is GONE if you download more than 500mb. When I went down to the front desk with my receipts for over 100 euros of access I had purchased, he simply said I should have read the fine print and I would need to buy more. It was my grand-daughter's birthday and I was waiting for video from my daughter. I mean I walked away from the front desk crying, I was so upset at the desk clerk's attitude over it.. We are talking 13 euros a day for 11 Mbps access... Believe it or not, I am not usually a complainer, nothing is perfect, but when you put all this together, and over 10 days, it's hard to recommend this hotel unless it's just for one or two nights. i would not recommend it for a business trip or an extended stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Cheddar, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

Great hotel, all the better for having been taken over by Regardz and having a major refit. I stayed in one of the newly refurbished deluxe twin rooms which are an absolute joy - quality fixtures, comfortable bed, heavy cotton linen, large flatscreen TV and a stylish modern bathroom. I did not eat in the restaurant on this stay, but I did have the breakfast which was OK and I ate in the bar. I had a smoked salmon bagel in the bar that must have had 250g (8oz) of smoked salmon on it - and great value at 8 euros. The rest of the bar menu is equally good value. On previous stays I have been very impressed with the quality of the food in the main restaurant.

Wireless/wired internet is available but is very expensive at 18 euros per day and is also quite slow.

One neat feature is that the hotel does bicycle rental at 7.50 euros per day. It is located near extensive forest walks but the bikes are also a great way to get to the office and much cheaper than the local taxis. Healthy too!

• Liked — New luxury rooms
  • Disliked — Slow and expensive internet
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

Restaurant and breakfast areas are really good; restaurant is def. 4-5 starts and breakfast is server in a large airy and bright room and offers a lot of choices.
Lobby personnel is a bit slow, just like the elevator. Single room was very small, and I guess it was in a part of the hotel that has not been renovated yet. I guess next time I will ask for a double in the newer area!

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

We stayed here for an overnight stop on our way to Germany. Even though there was a huge party going on when we arrived everyone was super accommodating. The Restaurant was excellent, very gourmet and accommodating with a special meal made for me because I am a vegetarian. We enjoyed our dinner very much. It was presented beautifully as well.
Our room was newly renovated and was ultra modern minimalist style resembling the "W" chain in the states Amersfoort is a beautiful town with really nice people. If ever back in this area we would stay here again.

• Liked — the great restaurant
  • Disliked — everthing was fine
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Regardz Berghotel Amersfoort? Share your experiences!