As a frequent guest at vdValk hotels all over the Netherlands I can honestly say that this property immediately won a place in my heart, vdValk are generally good to excellent… this new property generously exceeded my expectations. From the instant you enter you receive a warm welcome which is only an indication of what is yet to follow.
Our room on the second floor was one of the smallest in the building, and smaller than average for vdValk-hotels, but nevertheless a nice size and comfortable with a spacious fully equipped bathroom with both a walk-in rainshower and a large tub.
Our package included breakfast, which to my opinion was one of the best I ever experienced at vdValk-hotels. Diner was equally good at reasonable prices, Both hotel and restaurant service was impeccable, and left nothing to be desired.
When we booked this fair priced introductory package we were aware that neither the fitness, nor the wellness facilities would be open yet, so we can’t comment on those. In contrary with other recent 4* vdValk-hotels this property is not planning the addition of an indoor pool, which is somewhat disappointing for future visits.
On the second evening of our stay we took part in the typical weekend so-called “Live Cooking Event”, this was the best organized buffet we ever experienced on a landbased hotel. Keep up the good work guys!
Scores from 0 to 10:
- General impression: 10 (Beautiful new building)
- Overall cleanliness: 10 (Very good)
- Check-in process: 10 (Excellent & swift)
- Front desk staff: 10 (Excellent & friendly)
- Other staff: 10 (All very friendly)
- Room size: 09 (Ours was one of the smallest)
- Room decor: 10 (Very nice classic contempory mix)
- Room condition: 10 (New & excellent)
- Room cleanliness: 10 (Excellent)
- Room value/money: 10 (Good, but above vdValk-averages)
- Bed size: 10 (King, made of two singles, extra long)
- Bed linens: 08 (Standard white hotel linens)
- Bed comfort: 08 (Very good support, not hard)
- Bed condition: 10 (New)
- Bed cleanliness: 10 (Excellent)
- Breakfast room: 10 (Full service restaurant)
- Breakfast price: 10 (Complimentary for us, otherwise €13,50 p.p.)
- Breakfast items: 10 (Very extensive choice of items)
- Breakfast service: 10 (Buffet style, constantly replenished)
- Breakfast value/money: 10 (Complimentary for us, otherwise good value)
My personal opinion: Highly recommended hotel.
My overall satisfaction: 110%, am eager to return in the future.
How I rate…
- 5°°°°° Is only given to an excellent hotel/restaurant that has widely exceeded my expectations compared to its price or hotel category / brand, where staff & management go above and beyond the call of duty to provide their patrons an experience they will never forget.
- 4°°°° indicates a very good to excellent property that has provided me everything I was hoping for at the time of booking. Where staff & management make sure that patrons get their money’s worth.
- 3°°° is average to good, or something gave cause for minor disappointment.
- 2°° accommodation is far below my expectations and/or staff was rude.
- 1° STAY AWAY !!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HotelsNL, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Van der Valk Hotel Zwolle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.