“Great, welcoming family run hotel in a perfect location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Keur
Zeestraat 51, 2042 LA Zandvoort, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Zandvoort
Cornwall, England, United Kingdom
“Great, welcoming family run hotel in a perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The Hotel Keur was exactly what I needed for a 2 week business trip. Located literally a minutes walk from Zandvoort train station the tidy and comfortable room as well as ample breakfast (put on a quarter of an hour earlier tan scheduled for me and some colleagues due to our busy schedules) were a perfect accompaniment for my long days. The family who run the hotel are so very welcoming, I was able to borrow a european adapter for my whole 2 week stay (after I forgot to bring mine with me) and my sister was also given a toothbrush and toothpaste (when she realised she had forgotten that too!). The family accommodated my sister to stay with me in my double room for 3 nights at no extra cost also allowing her to have breakfast each morning and and more linen and towels in the room.

Because I was in Zandvoort on business, the family allowed me to take a packed lunch from the hotel every day I was working at no additional cost. The little touch of fresh flowers in my room as well as a small bottle of red wine and other goodies half way through my stay were greatly appreciated and added that personal touch. When travelling by train to Amsterdam the family also changed a €20 note into change for me and advised re. train times etc.

It really did seem that they were prepared to go out of their way to make my stay as wonderful as they could, and they succeeded. I would definitely recommend to a friend and stay again if I was in the Netherlands.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We booked a trip to Zandvoort in september 2012 and stayed at Hotel Keur after reading several reviews. The location of the hotel is just perfect: we came by train and only had to walk 2 minutes to reach the hotel. The city centre and the beach were also just a few steps away.
We especially enjoyed the kindness of the owners of the hotel. The receptionist was very friendly, she helped us with all our questions about the area and made us feel very much at home. The rooms were a bit small but decent and clean. We stayed in a room with a balcony, which we enjoyed very much since the weather was still great. We would highly recommend this hotel for a short get-away in Zandvoort with friends or family.

Anny, thank you again for a lovely stay and we will definitly come back next summer!

Naomi and Peter

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Regardless of a 2 star rating this is a lovely friendly family run hotel. The owners and staff go out of their way to give valuable service. Comfortable beds, everything very clean. Plentiful Dutch style breakfast. Near railway station and beach. Excellent value for money. A most enjoyable stay had by a mature couple from Scotland. Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Very friendly staff, the breakfast was good and the hotel was perfectly located. Although the room was a bit small, there was still enough space and it was, for us the most important thing, very tidy. The price we paid was good; we really enjoyed our stay and we will definitely come back soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is a hotel runned by the sweetest family!
This hotel is known in Zandvoort for over 100 years! Everyone is very kind and helpfull.
For a 2-star rated hotel it is more than you can wish for! Of course the rooms are small but what do you wish for a 2-star hotel in Zandvoort. The question is if it is clean. And yes, the rooms are very tidy! Most of their rooms has a balcony so you can enjoy the nice weather.
There is a breakfast buffet and everyone can get what they like! Enough and 'lekker'!
We stayed at different kind of hotel in Zandvoort but this is the last one for us! In the future when we come to Zandvoort again, we will definitly go back to Anny.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Zandvoort, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

The hotel was rated as a 3-4 star hotel which is completely wrong! Should be max 2 star hotel. The rooms are very small and with no place to put your suitcases (we had room 10 and 20). Bathrooms are also very small and has bad ventialtion. Breakfast is included (fine) but it is not much to choose from. Varm food, such as scrambled eggs, bacon, beans are not possible to get. The boiled eggs were hard as stones and boiled green! No phones on the rooms, which means you can't call internal to your friends in the other room. The TV is so small (14") that you can barley see what's shown... On top of this you have to pay in advance and if you pay with creditcard you will see that the hotel don't have a creditcard reader! They are still using oldfashion, manual "machine"! This antique equipment is to poor so we could not read what was printed on our copy.
One positive thing is that parking was free and the hotel is very close to the center of Zandvoort and close to the railway station. (But so are other hotels as well.)
Will we stay there again? Don't think so!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
derby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

The room and decor was very dated. The water in the shower was scolding - make sure you put the cold on first and then adjust the hot! Breakfast was dutch - ok. It is right next to the train station, but the trains are not loud at all so that is fine. It took 10 mins to get into Haarlem. They gave me a pass to park on the street which was good. Don't know how easy parking would be in high season though. Nothing to write home about but you get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Keur? Share your experiences!