“Family trip to zandvoort” 3 of 5 stars

Center Parcs Park Zandvoort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vondellaan 60, 2041 BE Zandvoort, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Zandvoort
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Family trip to zandvoort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We spent 7 nights, 5 would have been enough. Activities are quite limited as this is a small centre parks. We ate a the restaurants which were pricey and very slow service. For food Better to go to Strand 21.

Room Tip: Best to get a cabin near the lake, and a bike is a must
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We booked one week in Zand Voort Center Parcs and sadly cut our visit short and left after inly 2 nights.
The room was very cold and we were with 2 babies and because of cold weather outside were freezing in room and were told heating is not working during the day.
The 2nd room of vip cottafe was up a very steep stairway and we explained we can need both rooms to be on same floor but were told by reception there is nothing they can do except give us a stair rail to block children from stairs.
We were overall very disapointed we could not get adequate heated room for family wih babies and lost the payment for entire week without any refund.
I do not recommend Zan Voort Center Parcs for children or babies, it was a very sad and dissapointing experience that does not come close to the advertisement.

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I am 15 years old writing on my behalf of my family. We decided too come somewhere different after visiting various locations of the southern French coast 6 times.

First of all Zandvoort is located in a industrial beach town with blocks of flats and hotels, not exactly as nice as we hoped it too look.

Within the park there was plenty of things too do for perhaps younger kids, such as swimming, playground and game arcades. IF YOU'VE BEEN TOO ANY CENTER PARCS IN THE UK, IT IS A COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT IN COMPARISON! The pool seemed too appear to me like I was going down too use my local swimming pool for exercise, not fun. Yes there is a couple of shallow slides but nothing of the extremities of fun especially for teenagers and adults like there is in the UK.

Secondly, the surrounding restaurants and fast food places had very poor service. After waiting 20 minutes for 4 portions of chips (during a time when it was not busy) my brother had to get up and ask where our orders were. Not very 'fast' at all. Also, the man couldn't even be bothered to give us our 4 portions he just filled a large bag up with chips and gave us the cardboard portioning bags expecting us too do it ourselves.

Also the weather, we realized, had a massive impact our family. If you are used too hot sunny weather, do not come here and expect that. If you have younger kids, or enjoy August weather being the average of 15 degrees, then this defiantly sounds like a place for you. Every time we went too go somewhere we got drenched in the rain, making us all very annoyed with a gloomy atmosphere too even speak.

On one of the days we visited Amsterdam. I expected more from a capital. For teenagers, this place is not the amazing at all, apart from visiting shops which you can simply do at home or smoking cigarettes and drugs which are legal here if you are into that, which we are defiantly not! I often got weed blown in my face making me feel immensely sick. IF YOU LIKE ART AND MUSEUMS THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TOO VISIT, however being in a family including 3 typical UK teenagers, we were not. After a brisk boat tour we walked around for hours on end. In London, you know what you want to visit or just perhaps see, but in Amsterdam after reading brochures and books we still found it difficult too find something we would 100% like. Eventually we visited a flower market which was mostly filled with packets and bulbs not picturesque at all and looked out side the Anne Frank house which I would recommend booking online in advance as there was at least a 3 hours wait que.

The accommodation was ok, one of my bed legs were broken making it slanted. It was clean. It included a TV, which is good if you're dutch but not if you're english.

I would not come back here ever for a holiday. I am grateful for the small things we had such as hiring segaways and eating at a Italian restaurant close too Zandvoort beach.

Something I shouldn't have too think about considering I was away from home is Wi-fi. I luckily got it but it shouldn't of been something I was exasperating for if I had enjoyed it like my past holidays.

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The park is nice and has good facilities but is smaller than the ones in the UK. The pool is smaller and has fewer slides than the UK ones. But it is still fun. Just worth UK visitors being aware of this.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Ok first of all with the good bits;pool was ok not much actual swimming space outdoor pool was great,there was also a lot of things for little kids but not so much for teenagers who don't want to go the park! Now on the bad,we checked in about 10 o'clock in the morning after traveling for several hours on planes/buses/trains we expected to go to our room straight away for a lie down because everyone's legs were aching, but we got told that our room wasn't clean enough as we was staying in the hotel and that we would wait until 3 o'clock !! That's 5 hours luckily they had a room to keep our suitcases in!we found a place to sit while waiting In a cafe kids were bored and tired of waiting,I think we must of been the only English people there! Everyone talks Dutch and it made us feel really uncomfortable, so finally it turns 3 o'clock so we can get our room key and head up to the hotel room but I was so shocked to find a little camp bed for my really tall 13 year old daughter when the hotel persifically Told me we would have a triple room with a proper single bed! I was appalled by the customer service staff were very snotty towards me and my family,finally getting it in there heads that my daughter could NOT stay in that tiny camp bed they told us we could go into a bungalow,we was waiting for ages for the manger to come off the phone to then tell us she couldn't give us the key and we had to go to the market dome to. Receive it so we had to drag kids and pull along suitcases all the way In the rain! Finally we settled into our shabby room it was disgusting all dirty floors and dusty cubards needs more that a "little tlc" needs doing up,hotel a lick of paint on the outside at least it's shocking looks like a block of flats! Only good things to do was the pool& arcade,service is appalling and I was furious to be waiting for 30 minutes to be served drinks but they was ok to serve Dutch people first ! My family felt discriminated ! Nobody atal was ". Friendly" I had a. Man walk right into me and didn't even stop when I huffed to say sorry or even look botherd?none of the bars or restraunts had people in them, luckily it is close to zanvort town so we could eat out as often as possible ,no staff even cracked a smile. Kids entertainment is crAp and all in Dutch also the TV channels is in German or Dutch would never stay here again if I had to glad we went to stay in Amsterdam for the last 2 days of our "breAk" the weather was awful when we was there to but the beach looks good I give this hotel a 3 out of 10 it's boring and I will be writing In a complaint to the owners, over grown plants and needs to take a look wa center parks looks like in the 21 century then maybe I would return dong recommend if you have teenage kids

Stayed August 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Very nice location for a break - Both on park and the nearby beach.We stayed in a lovely lakeside apartment.

Only thing I found odd was the low number of people eating in the restaurants and our visits found the food uninspiring and of average quality. We did have good self catering facilities and used these in the main

Aqua Mondo pool was good and clean, catering for all ages

I would recommend the site - lovely location.

Cwmbran, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband,mother,father and son visited here for a weekend break from Wales recently. We had a great time. The accommodation is made up of lodges well placed throughout the parc. There is plenty to do and see and everyone was really friendly. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Center Parcs Park Zandvoort? Share your experiences!