This is a Business hotel so one should not expect anything else. We found the beds comfortable, A/C satisfactory and staff friendly enough indeed. We were sadly hit by the smell of stale tobacco the moment we walked in to the hotel front door as the smoking room situated just off the reception area had its door wide open which remained the case for the two and but days we were there. The bedroom doors DO slam shut at all hours of the night which is disruptive if you are keen on your sleep but it is a hotel I imagine designed to cater for contractors and temp staff operating in the surrounding factories and shipyards........
The staff appeared to be far too few as the receptionist on both days we were there spent their time rushing between checking people in or out as well as serving breakfast and dinner! Dinner mind you surprised us as was really rather tasty and certainly plentiful. If you have business in this area the the hotel is a sensible option but it is not a Holiday destination or somewhere to stay whilst on holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bastion Hotels stands for a personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive rate. Bastion Hotel Zaandam offers a 24 hour front office, comfortable rooms and an extensive choice of dishes from the a la carte menu in the atmospheric restaurant. For relaxation and a nice ending of the day guests are always welcome in the cozy hotel bar or smoking lounge. This lounge contains an lcd television, air-conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. The hotel also has free wireless internet in the entire hotel. In the lobby the hotel has a computer available, for guests, for free use of the internet. Domestic animals are not allowed. Location / Accessibility Bastion Hotel Zaandam is easy to be reached, by car, along the A8, exit 1. For travelers that have to be in Amsterdam, this hotel is a good choice. The centre of Amsterdam is only 20 minutes away. The famous Zaanse Schans with its beautiful Dutch windmills is only 4 km away from the hotel. Rooms The hotel has 40 comfortable deluxe rooms and 40 comfort rooms. The comfort rooms are equipped with a television, a modem, airconditioning, a bureau, a safe, a minibar, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with a shower and toilet. The Deluxe rooms are more spacious than the comfort rooms and are equipped with a television, a modem, airconditioning, a bureau, a safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. Food & Beverage At Bastion Hotel Zaandam guests can enjoy an extensive continental breakfast buffet, on weekdays from 06.00 Till 09.00 And in weekends from 07.00 Till 10.30. The atmospheric hotel is opened from 11.00 Till 23.00 For lunch and diner. When guests have a very busy schedule they can ask the hotel staff about the possibilities for a lunch package. The cozy hotel bar is opened till 23.30. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Venere, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Bastion Hotel Zaandam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam Zaandam
- Bastion Hotel Zaandam North Holland