“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Zaandam
Warsaw, Poland
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I really liked this hotel- it is RIGHT next to the train station but quiet, the architecture is crazy and funny! I liked the small canal and waterfall next to the hotel. Amsterdam Centraal is just few minutes train ride away. Right next to the hotel is a shopping passage in Zandaam, very convienient after high-priced Amsterdam.
Our room was very clean, I can not complain about it.
We tried the swimming pool once, it is small but dim lights and nice design create a great atmosphere. There are also 2 saunas- wet and dry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Monique D, Sales Assistant at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Agatazk,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience in our hotel at Tripadvisor. It’s nice to hear that you’ve appreciated the wonderful waterfall and canals. We’re happy to read that you’ve also enjoyed our Wellness Club and our swimming pool. The swimming pool is designed to give you the idea that you’re actually swimming in the Zaan region surrounded by beautiful windmills.

We’re looking forward to welcome you back one day.

Sales Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Turkish first
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed there 2 nights recently and we truly enjoyed the hotel at its max. We knew Amsterdam already so we took our time to visit the region around and make use of the sauna pool and Turkish bath.. very relaxing!! Breakfast is continental on average nothing wow but OK. Room prices are decent for what you get and a very good point of teh hotel is its vicinity to the train station (that you don't hear at all from teh rooms). The train takes 12 minutes to reach Amsterdam city centre or 30 min to the Arena where we went for a concert; on top of that trains run till 2 in teh night! One negative thing: they don't have a parking so we had to pay 38 euros for 2 days (still we got a small discount from the hotel).

Room Tip: Don't go with a BONGO BON even if it is cheaper than the regular price of a room. They gave us a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
svanderholst, Sales Assistant at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear CamillaSad,

We are delighted to hear that you have chosen our hotel for your visit to our region. We’re happy that you have enjoyed the relaxation of our Wellness facilities and that you appreciated the positive location of our hotel. We hope to welcome you back as a guest in our hotel soon.

Pilsen, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The location of the interesting designed (see picture) Hotel Inntel within Zaandam is great. It is located directly by the train station and main Zaandam road. From the hotel you can directly walk into the pleasant shopping street (with the man-made river in the center) with many various shops, services and restaurants and to walk a few steps to the vibrant main Zaandam's square with pubs and restaurants. So position of the hotel in this charming suburb of Amsterdam can´t be even better.

The design of the hotel is interesting. Receptionist were very kind and efficient. If you will pay by card, they will block the price of your accomodation in your account, otherwise if you pay cash you need to pay in advance. Be carefull - the announced price is usually excl. breakfast (aditional 12 Eur) and excl. local town tax (6 Eur). You will get access card to your room and by one of 2 elevators you go to your room. Common spaces of the hotel are nice, perfectly clean.

My room was spacious and well equiped - minibar, safe, Tv with SAT programms, bathroom and WC with very good shampoo and body-gel. Also room is nice lighted by led-lamps. Wifi is in the room as well as in all hotel free what is very good. But I fighted little bit with its coverage in my room. The room is air-conditioned and the mattress was the best what I've ever met. So the quality of sleeping is excellent. The only thing it seemed to me that there is still a bit chilly (cold).

The hotel-gym is small but very efficient equiped. Very very nice is hotel swimming pool. I enjoyed my stay in wellness part of the hotel (in the 2nd floor) very well. I appreciate how relaxing could be the stay in the city hotel like this.

The breakfast was simply amazing. For this is really worth paying extra additional 12 EUR. Salmon, ham, cheese, eggs, pancakes, white bread and dark bakery, fruit and vegetable - everything great quality and wide choice. Excellent tea, coffee, juice. Overall it fill in very good standard of this hotel. I can recommend you Hotel Inntel Zaandam mainly for the business stay - near to the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport - but it could be also suitable for leisure weekend stay in the suburb of Amsterdam and with the trips to the city.

Room Tip: The 4th floor was nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
svanderholst, Sales Assistant at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Jan B,

Thank you so much for posting this extensive and positive review.
Indeed our central yet quiet location is a true asset for our guests. The peaceful ambiance of Zaandam and the our spa and sauna offer nice relaxation after a busy day in the centre of Amsterdam.
Thank you for mentioning the delicious breakfast in our restaurant. It’s good to hear that appreciated our luxurious rooms and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Nagoya, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel was really great, very close to the station, about 1 minute walk. And hotel interior was really beautiful, service was really good with very friendly staffs. The bathroom and bedroom was really clean and modern.
Can't wait for the next trip.

Room Tip: sometime is a bit noise with the noise out side the hotel, since the hotel is very close to everythi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear doggiemylove,

Thank you very much for your time and effort to post this nice review on Tripadvisor. We’re happy to hear that you’ve had a wonderful stay and that you’ve appreciated the beautiful modern interior of our special hotel. We are honoured to read that you will visit our hotel again when you come and visit our country and we will ofcourse give you a warm welcome back!

Kind Regards,

East Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Just came back from a 5 night stay. The area is amazing! I really felt like I was at a resort here.
When I visit Amsterdam again, I will definitely stay here!

As many have said before, it is 2 stops away from Amsterdam Central (10-15min) by train. And you can take a train to Schiphol Airport from the station as well. (the station is literally next to the hotel)

Jo Ann(e?) was very helpful upon arrival.

The breakfast buffet was great.

The pool and fitness facilities were nice. I used the pool a few times. Not a fan of steambaths so can't comment on those as I didn't try them out. (Really wish they had a jacuzzi but I may have to upgrade next time and get a room with one)

And I didn't get a chance to use the gym because my feet got a good workout walking in Amsterdam. (The trams don't take you to the red light district. You have to walk there. Haha.)

I really enjoyed sitting out on the terrace and just taking in the area and culture.

I found it a bit odd that in the bathroom when I took a shower, the glass panel only covered the part where the shower head was. Not the whole area of the tub. In some way, the design makes sense, but what if water sprays outside onto the floor? Perhaps it's a European thing :/

I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who plans on visiting Amsterdam.

Geweldig hotel en een geweldige ervaring!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Alexander C,

Thank you so much for your positive review. It’s good to hear you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you would recommend us to others. We’re happy happy to read that Jo Ann was of such good assistance at the front desk and I will forward your compliment to her. If you come and visit Amsterdam again I can highly recommend the luxurious Founders Junoir Suite with private sauna and whirlpool. We hope to welcome you back as our guest soon!

Antibes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had emailed Reservations dept 3 weeks before to say we'd arrive late, and to inquire about additional services for our special occasion - surprise trip for our anniversary. They answered right away to say the Reception would contact me about that. Well, they never did.

At C/I, staff was great - smiling, helpful and quick. We got to room #1212, and loved it! Simple but clean and roomy. I have been a guest relations manager for many years on the French Riviera, and our pet peeve certainly is surface. The bedding was just awesome. The bathroom is squeaky clean, we enjoyed the jacuzzi tub and spacious shower, which isn't necessarily expected in a deluxe room.

The restaurant and F&B staff was great and very friendly, quick to serve. Breakfast buffet is very satisfying - we appreciated the homemade jam and the smart idea to use white eggs and brown eggs to easily differentiate soft/hard boiled eggs. Simple thing, but it's the kind of detail that makes you smile in the morning.

Only one thing was very disappointing... Since I had emailed the hotel a long time before our arrival and actually got an initial reply, I was badly surprised to find only one bathrobe and pair of slippers set up on the bed. It felt like I carried the surprise so well nobody knew there was a second person... Even though it was on my reservation and in my emails.

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you very much for your sharing your positive experience on this website. We’re glad that you’ve had a wonderful time in our hotel and that you appreciated the Factory Design Room.These rooms are an ode to the the most important factories in our region and offer all luxury you can wish for. It’s good to read that you have enjoyed our breakfast buffet and I will forward your compliment to our team.
We hope to welcome you back as our guest in Inntel Hotel Amsterdam Zaandam soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We arrived 2 hours before check-in, but to our surprise our room was already ready for us. The reception staff were very helpful with information of the surrounding Zaamdam area and Amsterdam.

Our room was AMAZING! We stayed in 517, both the bedroom and bathroom were a very nice The bathroom was modern and clean including both a large walk in shower and bath tube (which also had a shower head) with a huge mirror and vanity mirror which I loved to use when getting ready for our nights out.The room was fitted with all the necessary hotel requirements (I.e tv, mini bar etc) establishing homely yet modern feel, we loved it! It was a nice relaxing feel when returning from the busy days in Amsterdam central.

Although, I was a little hesitant about the hotel due to the travel time and even cost. But the reviews were right, the train journey from the airport is no longer than 15 minutes and 10-15 minutes to Amsterdam Central. The trip back and forth is actually a welcoming change as its much more relaxed. The Zaamdam area is a completely different vibe for the city which allows you to shop and dine out as there is alot of different options.

I would completely recommend this hotel, we did not want to leave. The hotel, area and also the spa completely lived up to my high expectations :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
svanderholst, Sales Assistant at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear GelisaJ,

Thank you for your postive posting on this website. We are delighted to read that you’ve had a excellent stay in our hotel and that you've appreciated our luxury room and spa facilities.

The location is indeed very positive. You can very easily escape from the crowd in Amsterdam and enjoy the relaxing ambiance of our hotel. After all, Amsterdam is indeed less than 15 minutes away by train.

It’s good to see that you would recommend us to others and that you’ll visit us again. We hope to welcome you back as our guests soon.

Yours Kindly,

Sales Assistant

Been to Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Zaandam? Share your experiences!