“New and nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Zaandam
Ankara, Turkey
“New and nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have just returned a short trip from Amsterdam and we stayed in founders junior suite. The room had a cold atmosphere, more like a business hotel but we enjoyed it. The bathroom was fabulous. The Jacuzzi, the sauna, shower were great. The staff were friendly. The transportation from the hotel to the city center is very easy, the hotel is situated over the train station so you take the train and after two stops (approximately 15 minutes) you are in the central station. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

excellent hotel, different. design looks like a pile of dutch houses on top of each other. good service. each room with a theme. breakfast not included in our package. Food was good. Said sound proof, but could hear traffic from 10th floor. only down side- large glass window between bedroom and bathroom- no privacy when bathing ( had our 12 year old son with us), convenient location, 15-20 mins from central amsterdam, frequent trains. didnt have time to check out the pool, but had a glimpse, looks nice, but small. worth every penny!! much cheaper than staying in central amsterdam.

Room Tip: choose room on the canal side, may be less noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My stay at the Inntel Hotel in Zaandam was for business purposes. The rooms were modern and spacious and the meeting rooms were much the same. The location was excellent, and was a very quick and easy train ride from the airport. The hotel is basically at the door step of the train station and is quaintly located, with lots of shops and restaurants near by.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Was looking for an hotel near amsterdam but not far away, and by surprise i found this one, and reason I chose it was because the design of the hotel, as building structure and looks can just surprising and impressive. Price was very good as well, and really modern. I have to say that we found lot of people eating at the restaurant, which was not our plan, but we tried and is not such bad, quality is good. Parking is closed to the hotel, a public parking on a shopping center, not expensive for dutch standards and discount applied by the hotel makes it less a pain, but on the neighbourhood you can find night parking as well, in an acceptable walking distance. Hotel room is very good, at any type. Have been several times and been on different ones, those with bath and inroom sauna are great, big space, lighting good, and each room has different decoration, which you can see at the entrance door of each room, original must say. Beds are extremely confortable so overall,i will recommend this hotel for business or holidays with modern style choice and good price for value.

Room Tip: Medium levl rooms are more than enought, space is great, bath big, try the bath tube, and also swimi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Clean hotel, new instalations, good staff, very beautiful and perfect location next to the train station. great breakfast, not included in the price and quite expensive however very good quality and variety.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

the hotel was as beautiful, if not more, as the photo shows. it is just right outside the train station. the view was marvellous and the room was great too. the restaurant inside the hotel was amazing as well. i love it but i only stayed for a night because the town was so small and there was nothing much to do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Staffs, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I picked this because I thought it would be a wacky different hotel with boutique style - and in part it was, but in several ways it was disappointing. It looks very different and impressive from outside but several issues frustrated me. Firstly, having gone in to ask where the hotel car park was, we parked up and walked up to the hotel and casually I thought I'd check we could get out early in the morning (ready for the markets we planned to visit) to find it was 7am to 11pm only. Having travelled all day I didn't feel energised enough to drive around looking for another car park. We then got to the room to find we were looking out at the side of a rooftop 10m away - so no decent view. Hell, I thought, they offer a spa and massage, let me get a back rub at least. 4 calls later they explained that they couldn't do this in the next few hours, so that didn't work. At least I could catch up on my emails.... Oh no I couldn't, I just could not connect to what looked like a good wifi signal. I called reception who advised I disable the firewall on my iPad... I didn't think iPad's had firewalls so I thought I'd google that... oops, no wifi of course. I put my shoes back on, went down to reception and said, go on then, how do I do that? They accepted it was probably a router issue so they'd reset it and try again. But no luck. So I sat in the noisy bar and bought beer and tried to work.

The room was OK, quite funky, soft beds, enough space, good bathroom, and the dinner was very good - if not cheap.

So overall I concluded this was a place that traded on its looks but didn't deliver on everything else I would have expected to have made this a place I would return to.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Inntel Hotel Amsterdam Zaandam? Share your experiences!