“My head reached the boiling point” 3 of 5 stars

De Posthoorn
Breed 25-27, 1621 Hoorn, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hoorn
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
“My head reached the boiling point”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

During the week I tend to work hard when I am at a client. That means some compensating in the evening, relaxing in my room watching a nice movie. But at the end of june and the beginning of july the thermometer goes way up. And this room felt like a microwave. Even with the window wide open and only boxershorts and a flimsy shirt, it still felt like the surface of the sun. That really ruined my first impression of this bed and breakfast. And there are good things, cause the location leaves nothing to be desired, it's right down in the centre of Hoorn. It's not too expensive since it is only a bed and breakfast and the rooms have just been redecorated and they look good. The beds weren't very great, they had wheels and drove around the room and I tumbled down on the floor since my matress fell off in 2 of my 3 nights.

Still, the charming thing about bed and breakfasts is that they are run by individuals who put their heart and soul in it, and I liked the owners. Their thanks was to forget to open up for breakfast on my 3rd and final morning, so I left hungry, which is a shame. I can not promise this bed and breakfast that I will return here next time. I hope other guests have better experiences

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)

Been to De Posthoorn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about De Posthoorn

Address: Breed 25-27, 1621 Hoorn, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > North Holland Province > Hoorn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hoorn
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your De Posthoorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage De Posthoorn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.