“Fab location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Hoorn
Liversedge
“Fab location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Right in Hoorn. Lovely newly decorated room with a nice, comfortable big bed. Set in the town with great access to public transport and shopping. Thanks to Willem for the history lesson on the Netherlands - very welcome. Nice and clean walk in shower room. Pleanty of hot water and a nice power shower which was very welcome for two sore cyclists. Plenty of coffee to drink and the ability to use the kitchen for extra drinks if required. Access to a very pretty patio area which was very peaceful and calm. Lovely breakfast with absolutely plenty to eat. Thanks for the recommendation of where to eat - absolutely gorgeous food - de Paerdestal.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the kitchen rooms if you dont want disturbing in the mornings.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed in this hotel from the 5th to 8th I had a double room all by myself.Although I had no view of the streets which suited me,the room was cosy and clean,the towels changed daily which was really not necessary,but appreciated.
Breakfast was the normal continental,boiled egg,cold meats,juice,selection of breads,I would have loved cornflakes but perhaps in this area its not the done thing!The hosts were extremely friendly made one feel at home.Will stay again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

The hospitality of the hosts made us feel really comfortable. For three days we had a "home" in the Netherlands. From there, we took two day trips by train, one to Amsterdam and one to Harlaam. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the train station. Although we could not park our car right outside the hotel, we could drop our suitcases off at the door and park our car in a public parking lot close by for only 2 euro ten cents per day, which seemed to be a very good rate for parking in a city centre in Holland. Hoorn is a smaller city, so it was not as crowded, and it was interesting to look around.
One suggestion for improvement in the suite would be to change the bathroom door, which had large glass panels in it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

During the week I tend to work hard when I am at a client. That means some compensating in the evening, relaxing in my room watching a nice movie. But at the end of june and the beginning of july the thermometer goes way up. And this room felt like a microwave. Even with the window wide open and only boxershorts and a flimsy shirt, it still felt like the surface of the sun. That really ruined my first impression of this bed and breakfast. And there are good things, cause the location leaves nothing to be desired, it's right down in the centre of Hoorn. It's not too expensive since it is only a bed and breakfast and the rooms have just been redecorated and they look good. The beds weren't very great, they had wheels and drove around the room and I tumbled down on the floor since my matress fell off in 2 of my 3 nights.

Still, the charming thing about bed and breakfasts is that they are run by individuals who put their heart and soul in it, and I liked the owners. Their thanks was to forget to open up for breakfast on my 3rd and final morning, so I left hungry, which is a shame. I can not promise this bed and breakfast that I will return here next time. I hope other guests have better experiences

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to De Posthoorn? Share your experiences!