“I've never gone wrong here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant La Forca

Restaurant La Forca
Frankestraat 19, 2011HT Haarlem, The Netherlands (Centrum)
0031 23 5322 500
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Centrum
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“I've never gone wrong here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 via mobile

Whenever friends visit me in Haarlem I always advise them to starve themselves for a day and then go to La Forca. The food is simply amazing, and everything else "fits". I like to arrive relatively early (7 or so), and then take the antipasto, share a pasta with 2 people, and then wait for a while before getting the main course. The only possible reason I could have for giving this place less than a perfect score, is because I don't want it to be full when I make a last-minute decision to go there...

“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

Had to visit this place after
Nr 1 position, but it didnt
really meet up. Great food
but to long time to get it
and wasent crouded.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Uppsala, Sweden
“Fantastic food, nice atmosphere! Everything was perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Based on what I've read here on Tripadvisor we went to La Forca tonight, a very rainy wet day and evening here in Haarlem. It really made our day (we also celebrated an anniversary, so it was extra important that we found a good restaurant, which we did!). Everything was excellent, the service was not Michelin-style (but we didn't want that), but nice and charming, excellent food with good ingredients, where you could taste the different ingredients, nice wine, and good cooffe and sambucca. We were so pleased!!! Go there for a good meal!!! Nice very cheap, but worth every cent.

• Visited July 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Awesome lamb rack, fantastic Tiramisu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Went for dinner here with family, group of 9 people. We made a reservation the day before and that was no problem. A rustic but cosy atmosphere. Very Italian. We were well received by one of the Italian brothers (the other, Giuseppe is the chef).
We had perfect first course (primi) nice rabbit pappardelle pasta. But the best came after!
More than delicious lamb rack. And then to top it all off, one of the best Tiramisu I have ever had. I live in Rome, Italy myself, so I have had some comparisons, but this was really great. I always judge my Italian restaurants abroad on their Tiramisu and this one was excellent!
Definitely eat here if you are in the area. Prices are also very reasonable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenixville, PA
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stopped in here last night while walking through the "old city" portion of Haarlem. Tucked into a narrow alleyway - this restaurant is easy to overlook but if you did you will have missed out on a fabulous meal.

It was a cool fall evening and the streets were deserted but the restaurant was not. It was warm and inviting with a number of tables filled and a fire in the fireplace. Although I did not have a reservation, it was nearly 9 pm and they were anxious to accommodate me. The young lady that waited on me was very knowledgable of the menu and specials and was quite happy to help translate (I am english speaking only).

I chose a mini pasta special that was meant to be a first plate - it was pappardelle pasta with porcini mushrooms. The portion was quite large and frankly I left about half of it because I knew I had my main meal yet to come. The pasta was delicious (and I'm not even a huge mushroom lover) and had a lot of flavor.

My main meal was an entree of thin veal slices with parma ham and melted cheeses (parmesan and another type that I'm not sure of ) in a white wine sauce. Fabulous!! Again the portions were large! Along with this entree came a bowl of freshly fried "frites" / french fries. They were extremely good and found out they were done in duck fat and garlic and had a sprinkling of salt and rosemary. These fries were incredible. Also came with spinach which quite frankly - I had no room for.
Did not sample any dessert either.

Seems that the restaurant is run by two brothers (one in the kitchen and another waiting on and greeting guests). While I was only an individual diner - they made me feel very welcome in their restaurant and gave me phenomenal service and attention.

It's obvious this is a very popular restaurant as almost all of the tables were filled when I first arrived and the phone was ringing off the hook for reservations while I was there. (Was sitting near the bar and fireplace so could see the one brother ansering the calls and making the resrvation in their book). Cozy fireplace and a couple of tucked away tables would make this a good choice for a romantic or special evening. They did have some open space that could accommodate a larger group or two.

I would highly recommend this restaurant on every level.