“Absolute quality from start to finish” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 200 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Golden Bull will serve the unique, mouth melting and flavorful steaks in the whole Haarlem City. We are very glad to serve the Wagyu kobe style beef, New Zealand Hereford beef, Scottish Aberdeen Angus and Argentine Hereford together with the most delicious wines from Argentina, Chile, Spain, Italy and USA. Experience the great food, service and atmosphere at the "Steakhouse The Golden Bull".
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Absolute quality from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I visited The Golden Bull last night with 2 friends, my second time there, the first being last year. It didn't disappoint! As expected, everything was top notch, from the starters (I had chorizo) to the steaks (I went for the 300gr. Scottish) to the accompaniments and of course the wine. Thanks again for taking care of us!

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“I do not get the hype at all... Won't be going back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The night we were there (a Saturday) they were very understaffed, so we waited AGES between courses. Also, they brought out our steaks, but we waited well over 5 minutes for our sides and sauces, so it was cold when we finally got to eat it. Really disappointing.

The meat selection is good but the meal itself was pretty bland. The salad that comes with every steak is really bad. Cheap iceberg lettuce with limp chopped veggies... Gross.

Very expensive for what it is. I guess they're trying to cover the shipping costs for all the different types of beef.

The manager is very friendly, but the other staff aren't.

Decor is awful, with pretty grim-looking toilets.

Wilma & Albert is the best steak restaurant I've experienced in Haaarlem. I definitely won't be going back to Golden Bull. I'm genuinely shocked it's listed as the number one in Haarlem - this couldn't be further from the truth!

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam
“Happy steak face”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have NEVER had better steak!
I am what you would describe as a carnivore and this is my favourite place to have steak, so much so that i will not order steak at most other restaurants because it will not compare to them.

The waiters are great and the head waiter was so proud of being one of the best restaurants on trip advisor for steak in the haarlem area. They were polite and very professional but also super friendly and you really felt like they valued you coming to their place.

The decor could be improved but your eyes will be closed in pure delight from the taste of the food!

The pricing is cheap for the quality you get but is still an expensive night out. I come to this restaurant for special occasions purely because i am a student but i am willing to spend my money on good food and this is better than good food.

I love everthing about this place and i wish i had more money and could eat here every week!

• Visited August 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent meat, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I followed ratings on Tripadvisor and went there yesterday with a friend. I was not disappointed. The meat is of very high quality, super tender and full of flavours. Staff is friendly and ready to give you all details you need on the products in order to make your choice. Service is good, not too slow, not 'intrusive' either.
I' ll be back.

• Visited January 2014
Dietzenbach, Germany
“Perfect food, charming host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Following the reviews and in for a good chunk of meat, we decided to give it a go. And this place is awesome for the juicy tender meat, choice of wine and the hospitality. Very entertaining how everything was explained and we were guided to make the right choice. The steak was not just meat, it became a piece of art. And then we "only" had the Argentinian, will yet have to find out if it can indeed be better with the other steak nationalities being served. The evening was wonderful with a great finishing touch when fellow visitors teamed up with us to jointly toast on the nice things in life. We'll be back!

Visited January 2014