“I do not get the hype at all... Won't be going back.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 179 Restaurants in Haarlem
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Golden Bull will serve the unique, mouth melting and flavorful steaks in the whole Haarlem City. We are very glad to serve the Wagyu kobe style beef, New Zealand Hereford beef, Scottish Aberdeen Angus and Argentine Hereford together with the most delicious wines from Argentina, Chile, Spain, Italy and USA. Experience the great food, service and atmosphere at the "Steakhouse The Golden Bull".
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“I do not get the hype at all... Won't be going back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The night we were there (a Saturday) they were very understaffed, so we waited AGES between courses. Also, they brought out our steaks, but we waited well over 5 minutes for our sides and sauces, so it was cold when we finally got to eat it. Really disappointing.

The meat selection is good but the meal itself was pretty bland. The salad that comes with every steak is really bad. Cheap iceberg lettuce with limp chopped veggies... Gross.

Very expensive for what it is. I guess they're trying to cover the shipping costs for all the different types of beef.

The manager is very friendly, but the other staff aren't.

Decor is awful, with pretty grim-looking toilets.

Wilma & Albert is the best steak restaurant I've experienced in Haaarlem. I definitely won't be going back to Golden Bull. I'm genuinely shocked it's listed as the number one in Haarlem - this couldn't be further from the truth!

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Amsterdam
“Happy steak face”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have NEVER had better steak!
I am what you would describe as a carnivore and this is my favourite place to have steak, so much so that i will not order steak at most other restaurants because it will not compare to them.

The waiters are great and the head waiter was so proud of being one of the best restaurants on trip advisor for steak in the haarlem area. They were polite and very professional but also super friendly and you really felt like they valued you coming to their place.

The decor could be improved but your eyes will be closed in pure delight from the taste of the food!

The pricing is cheap for the quality you get but is still an expensive night out. I come to this restaurant for special occasions purely because i am a student but i am willing to spend my money on good food and this is better than good food.

I love everthing about this place and i wish i had more money and could eat here every week!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent meat, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I followed ratings on Tripadvisor and went there yesterday with a friend. I was not disappointed. The meat is of very high quality, super tender and full of flavours. Staff is friendly and ready to give you all details you need on the products in order to make your choice. Service is good, not too slow, not 'intrusive' either.
I' ll be back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dietzenbach, Germany
“Perfect food, charming host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Following the reviews and in for a good chunk of meat, we decided to give it a go. And this place is awesome for the juicy tender meat, choice of wine and the hospitality. Very entertaining how everything was explained and we were guided to make the right choice. The steak was not just meat, it became a piece of art. And then we "only" had the Argentinian, will yet have to find out if it can indeed be better with the other steak nationalities being served. The evening was wonderful with a great finishing touch when fellow visitors teamed up with us to jointly toast on the nice things in life. We'll be back!

Visited January 2014
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Great Steak - although venue is not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We ate here based on the trip advisor reviews.
My husband ordered the spicy sausage for starters - but it was just like one from the supermarket - not like a spicy chirozo as it said on the menu. When we complained at the end - they deducted it from the bill.
I chose the Aberdeen Angus steak and was not disappointed - it was lovely. My husband had the argentinean steak but he did not enjoy his.
Although I enjoyed my steak - I would not say it was better than Wilma and Alberts or the Ark - they both do good steaks in Haarlem.
My advice is to go for the Scottish steak and then you'll enjoy it.
The venue is not very nice - they need to do something about the noise I could hardly hear my husband speak to me and he was sitting opposite.
We haven't been back because of the noise.

Visited November 2013