“Perfect food, charming host” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 195 Restaurants in Haarlem
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Golden Bull will serve the unique, mouth melting and flavorful steaks in the whole Haarlem City. We are very glad to serve the Wagyu kobe style beef, New Zealand Hereford beef, Scottish Aberdeen Angus and Argentine Hereford together with the most delicious wines from Argentina, Chile, Spain, Italy and USA. Experience the great food, service and atmosphere at the "Steakhouse The Golden Bull".
Dietzenbach, Germany
“Perfect food, charming host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Following the reviews and in for a good chunk of meat, we decided to give it a go. And this place is awesome for the juicy tender meat, choice of wine and the hospitality. Very entertaining how everything was explained and we were guided to make the right choice. The steak was not just meat, it became a piece of art. And then we "only" had the Argentinian, will yet have to find out if it can indeed be better with the other steak nationalities being served. The evening was wonderful with a great finishing touch when fellow visitors teamed up with us to jointly toast on the nice things in life. We'll be back!

Visited January 2014

Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Great Steak - although venue is not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We ate here based on the trip advisor reviews.
My husband ordered the spicy sausage for starters - but it was just like one from the supermarket - not like a spicy chirozo as it said on the menu. When we complained at the end - they deducted it from the bill.
I chose the Aberdeen Angus steak and was not disappointed - it was lovely. My husband had the argentinean steak but he did not enjoy his.
Although I enjoyed my steak - I would not say it was better than Wilma and Alberts or the Ark - they both do good steaks in Haarlem.
My advice is to go for the Scottish steak and then you'll enjoy it.
The venue is not very nice - they need to do something about the noise I could hardly hear my husband speak to me and he was sitting opposite.
We haven't been back because of the noise.

Visited November 2013
“excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

tourists in haarlem must try the steak at Golden Bull. I was lucky to be part of the restaurant aniversary and they offered me a present- a small bottle of wine! definetly i will return. for the food, for the service, for the ambiance.

“Great steak and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Came here after reading some great reviews, wasn't disappointed. The meat was excellent! I don't remember eating steak this good. The personnel was friendly and took their time to explain the different types of meat. The wine selection was good as well. Will eat here again. If I have to find something negative it would be the decoration. I would not enter this place by simply walking by. With some Wood on the floor and a less noticing commit on the wall most of it would be solved. However all together it was great.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“At last, perfect steak in Haarlem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I ate here with a fellow meat lover and we were certainly not disappointed! The meat selection is fantastic, the service good (and knowledgeable) and the wine great! We both had the chorizo sausages as a starter and then had 1 selection of Wagyu meats served to perfection.

This will certainly become my regular choice for perfect steaks, something Haarlem has been lacking for a few years!

Mark