“Great Steak - although venue is not so great” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 231 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Golden Bull will serve the unique, mouth melting and flavorful steaks in the whole Haarlem City. We are very glad to serve the Wagyu kobe style beef, New Zealand Hereford beef, Scottish Aberdeen Angus and Argentine Hereford together with the most delicious wines from Argentina, Chile, Spain, Italy and USA. Experience the great food, service and atmosphere at the "Steakhouse The Golden Bull".
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Great Steak - although venue is not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We ate here based on the trip advisor reviews.
My husband ordered the spicy sausage for starters - but it was just like one from the supermarket - not like a spicy chirozo as it said on the menu. When we complained at the end - they deducted it from the bill.
I chose the Aberdeen Angus steak and was not disappointed - it was lovely. My husband had the argentinean steak but he did not enjoy his.
Although I enjoyed my steak - I would not say it was better than Wilma and Alberts or the Ark - they both do good steaks in Haarlem.
My advice is to go for the Scottish steak and then you'll enjoy it.
The venue is not very nice - they need to do something about the noise I could hardly hear my husband speak to me and he was sitting opposite.
We haven't been back because of the noise.

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
“excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

tourists in haarlem must try the steak at Golden Bull. I was lucky to be part of the restaurant aniversary and they offered me a present- a small bottle of wine! definetly i will return. for the food, for the service, for the ambiance.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great steak and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Came here after reading some great reviews, wasn't disappointed. The meat was excellent! I don't remember eating steak this good. The personnel was friendly and took their time to explain the different types of meat. The wine selection was good as well. Will eat here again. If I have to find something negative it would be the decoration. I would not enter this place by simply walking by. With some Wood on the floor and a less noticing commit on the wall most of it would be solved. However all together it was great.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“At last, perfect steak in Haarlem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I ate here with a fellow meat lover and we were certainly not disappointed! The meat selection is fantastic, the service good (and knowledgeable) and the wine great! We both had the chorizo sausages as a starter and then had 1 selection of Wagyu meats served to perfection.

This will certainly become my regular choice for perfect steaks, something Haarlem has been lacking for a few years!

Mark

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Havertown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Raising the Bar in Haarlem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Traveling to Haarlem frequently for business, we always look for a different restaurant. Knowing that this was a new restaurant in Haarlem, we thought we would give it a try. The restaurant is quaint and comfortable. There are two sections in the restaurant. There is an open section with large glass panels that open to the street and a section that is more private.

We were pleasantly and genuinely greeted by Kamal, the owner. Kamal makes every effort to assure that you fully understand the menu and the many choices available. The menu is very unique by providing different cuts of meat from different regions around the world. Kamal can also adjust the menu to suite your preference. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. We sampled steaks from 3 different regions on the world and taste the difference. This separates the Golden Bull apart from other restaurants. Our dinner amazing.

At the time, we were in town for business with a large group. When our group of 14 planned for dinner, we did not hesitate to contact Kamal and return to the Golden Bull. He easily accommodated our group. The talented staff again delivered excellent food and everyone LOVED their meal.

The next time I am in Haarlem, the Golden Bull is where I will eat.

• Visited October 2013