“Hello. You are a Gem. ” 5 of 5 stars

Spiegelstraat 4, 2011BP Haarlem, The Netherlands   |
Antigua, Guatemala
“Hello. You are a Gem. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had the loveliest stay in Hello I'm Local. Greeted by friendly staff and moved from the 14 bed room to the all girls dorm as there was space for me there at no extra charge. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have a nice time in Haarlem which is a beautiful and laid back city. The rooms are immaculately clean and the beds are so comfy. Plus it's only a 20 minute bus ride to the beach and a 20 minute train ride into Amsterdam. The photos and reviews of this place speak for themselves. You absolutely get a local boutique experience here. Tip: skip Amsterdam and commute from here! I highly recommend it!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here for two nights early week. It's the chicest hostel I've ever stayed in - all white walls, mismatched vintage furniture & a lovely courtyard. There's a calm & welcoming atmosphere in the common areas.

We stayed in the double room with maps on the wall which looks over the street. There's a pub over the road which only opens later in the week so we weren't disturbed but I don't know whether that might be a bother on the weekends. The bed & shower were huge & there's plenty of hooks for hanging clothes (no wardrobe though if thats a deal breaker for you)

The dutch breakfast for €5 was lovely & very filling and theres a good selection of drinks behind the bar at reasonable prices.

We want to go back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Quirky and lovely hotel/hostel. We stayed in a private 2 person room which was clean, comfortable and i loved the dutch decoration. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Communal areas are really nice and the dutch breakfast (not included) was delicious and good value. Well located for walking into town but would be quite far on foot from the train station. As it was, we arrived by bicycle which they stored securely in their garage so that didn't bother us. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms are all very individual so I'd recommend looking at the website to choose the one you...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Scheveningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Friendly staff, great atmosphere, nice interior, just a 5 minute walk from the city centre. Our room was a bit warm, beds are perfect... and I will recommend this for friends, couples, businesses and solo travellers! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

my friend Go and I had a very very good time at Hello I'm Local. Lottes welcome was warm and she overloaded us with useful recommendations. we wouls love to say Hello again, later this year. Haarlem and the beach offered us a lot of zen and Joy

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stay here! It's clean, modern, nice decor, good wi-fi, comfortable beds, nice and helpful staff.
Haarlem is also fifteen minutes by train from Amsterdam so why not live here while you explore Amsterdam?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Vorden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at this hostel. The rooms are beautifull, nice and clean. The location is perfect, close to everything. We went with 7 ladies, and booked two seperate rooms. The rooms we booked are on two different floors, but still we had al the possibilities to be with all 7 of us because the rooms are big enough! The staff couldn't be more helpfull. We had a perfect time at Hello I'm Local.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Hello I'm Local Boutique Hostel? Share your experiences!