“Tucked away in a side street but well worth finding” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 200 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: International
Congresbury, England, United Kingdom
“Tucked away in a side street but well worth finding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Very nice atmosphere, also has a roof terrace upstairs which is very popular and has to be reserved. Lovely food especially the veal and the duck. Great service.

Visited July 2014

Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Fresh market food with a refined touch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This restaurant opened in October 2011, in the centre of Haarlem and I was really curious to try it!
What is the problem with the new spots in Haarlem?
It is always difficult to be spontaneous, and you need to book the table in advance!
Another thing I do not really like is when there is 2 rounds,... you take the risk if you come early to be told to move on as soon as you finished your dinner.

Nevertheless, I could easily book a table for 2 from 1 day to another, and I have to go to a concert straight after, so I did not suffer the pressure from the restaurant, but more from the Philarmonie! ;-)

The place is really cozy and well decorated, warm. The waiters were all very nice, helpful and making efforts to speak English!
The open kitchen is situated at the entrance, so you can see the people working.
We get a table on the 1st floor, and I loved what I discovered when I realized that I seat exactly on top of the kitchen that I was discovering from a glass floor!

We had some Ribera del Duero red wine. Quite young with some asperity, but still balanced and powerful with plenty of dark fruit.

As starter, I ordered smoked chicken salad with green leaves and fennel and a tarragon and yogurt dressing! Very nice!

Then I ordered the deer ribs served with some nice gravy and purple potatoes and Brussels sprouts. The meat was wonderful, tender and perfectly cooked! Really nice!

For dessert I tried the Toblerone mousse and orange salad. A little bit disappointing.I did not recognize the chocolate bar taste and it was really sweet and there was not enough orange to counter balance it.

The experience was nice. I would recommend then to go for the 3 courses menu at 25 Euros, that will keep the bill decent!

You can also stop by and just have some snack or a burger and be seated next to the kitchen on high table.

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
“What a great place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing night here with friends. We decided to go for the menu of the chef which gave us no choice, we had to trust the chefs judgement ! Couldn't have been better. The wine list was pretty good too and reasonably priced. Extremely friendly helpful staff. Will most defiantly go again as soon as possible.

Visited June 2014
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Excellent food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We ate here last night for the first time and we will be back. Food was delicious my boyfriend took the menu, I chose carpaccio as a starter, best ever that I had. Main course was also good and next to this service super attent. Loved it, highly recommended.