I just read some of the reviews and it's as if there are two hotels; my experience was good.
We stayed here one night as part of Tulip Tours biking, so they picked the hotel. We used a GPS to find the hotel and the GPS told us immediately upon entering the address that the hotel cannot be accessed by car, so we knew to park and walk. This was simple, we rolled our bags in a 3 minute walk from underground parking to the hotel.
Hotel is dated and had charm, beds were comfortable. Lobby staff were cooperative and friendly. Bathroom and shower were fine. Hallways had stairs so not handicap accessible.
Location is key. If you want to be on the historic town square, you get all the activities and restaurants. We like this. You also get sounds and church bells 24 x 7. Some may not like this.
We found old town Haarlem to be charming and would stay here again to take a train 15 minutes into Amsterdam and save money. This hotel is convenient to the train station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The monumental Ambassador City Centre Hotel is located in the historic heart of the city of Haarlem facing the St. Bavo Church. For city trippers this friendly hotel is an excellent choice. From the hotel, all the fun and interesting attractions can be easily reached. The train station is only a five-minute walk from the hotel. All rooms in the Ambassador City Centre Hotel*** are non-smoking. The stylish rooms are all marked by their unique interiors. A number of rooms also have a gorgeous view of the St. Bavo Church. The other rooms are at the rear of the hotel where you can rest peacefully in the heart of the city. Because of our unique location we are not allowed to offer our own parking facilities or discounts. In the hotel's surroundings there are public parking facilities available at an additional charge. We recommend parking in parking garage 'Appelaar' about 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Ambassador City Centre Hotel guarantees you an atmospheric stay in an ambiance in which you will feel at home immediately. The hotel offers all facilities you need for a weekend away or a long stay, for a leisure or a business trip. You can sweeten your stay by visiting our traditional Italian restaurant or our Grand Café 'De Gouverneur.' I wish you an enjoyable stay. Yours sincerely, Paul van Riek, General Manager. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Ambassador City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador City Centre Haarlem
- Hotel Ambassador City Centre