“We liked it so much we are going back tonight.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Specktakel

Specktakel
Spekstraat 4, 2011 HM Haarlem, The Netherlands (Centrum)
+3123 532 3841
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 222 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: At Specktakel we work with the best ingredients from all over the world with a born understanding of combining flavours of food & wine. Here there is no such thing as eating silently, not just by the volume of laughter and enjoyment brought on by the company at the table, but more so by the food and wine that is being enjoyed. Its colours, aromas, and flavours, so simple together creating a wonderful feast to talk about…Let us guide you how to enjoy the flavours and atmosphere in our world of food & wine....
Shoreline, WA
“We liked it so much we are going back tonight.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Excellent restaurant. We had the three course meal and enjoyed it all. The staff was very friendly and the food was great. We went there on the first night in Haarlem and we are now returning on our last night.

Visited June 2013

Rome, Italy
“Cangaroo and crocodile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

For the first time in my life I tasted cangaroo meat (fantastic) and crocodile (disappointing). The cangaroo was excellent...tender!
The crocodile was poor! As dessert cheese: on average. The other negative issue was the price, it was too high compared to the food ordered, 4* anyway!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Spektatel stay one of thé best in Haarlem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Hère with my girlfriend sunday evenings before queensday now 33,5€ for 3 courses. Bottle of Wine 23€. As we say never disapointed hère. I took à starter terre et mer with octopussy And thaï beef in salad very tasty And good of course after thé traditional fuka. Thé other starter was very good. Thé main course steak of kangourou with young potatoes And vegetables fantastique méat.
Dessert I took thé little meringue with fruit of passion in à Way île flottante. Good bottle from south africa good coffee. The service was good And smile.
Négative point : too much extras on thé card, be carefull to bring thé fuka before thé starter And not in thé same Time.
This restaurant is in my top 3 in Haarlem And never disapointed when we eat there. The courses with asiatic influences And spicy are really very good for thé fans.
Of course I recommand spektatel.

• Visited April 2013
Haarlem, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“surprisingly and extraordinary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Specktakel is a surprisingly and extraordinary restaurant. Special dishes like kangaroo, crocodile, parrotfish, wagyu beef is just a small part of what this restaurant has to offer. With every dish a matching wine. Or just let the host pick a nice bottle for you. Countless times I have visited this restaurant en they never failed me.

• Visited March 2013
“Cozy nice and fun..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Never have I been to a restaurant this good. Very sweet/great staff. Take a lot in to consideration as far as your wishes and allergies go. And I'm only talking about the good service of this restaurant.

The food at Specktakel is a true experience of gastronomic pleasure, from South African crocodile, Japanese mushroom tea, to Australian kangaroo. Every dish is amazing! Not to mention the surprising Umami menu, with delicious wines to go with it. Yes, eating at Specktakel makes me a very blissful individual.

This is a restaurant after my own heart, where I would love to eat more often. Till next time... :)

Victoria