“Felt so real” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Corrie ten Boom House

The Corrie ten Boom House
19 Barteljorisstraat | North Holland, 2002 CE Haarlem, The Netherlands (Centrum)
Website
Bairnsdale, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“Felt so real”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

It was wonderful to visit the Ten Boom Museum in Haarlem. The tour was very well presented by the host with great spiritual truths shared that one think about and digest. Not superficial as most tours. The reconstructed wall of the hiding place is very tastefully done. Pity the tour is only 1 hour, we would have preferred a 2 hour tour and a bit longer time in the "bookshop". I suggest you look at the DVD "The Hiding Place" before visiting and listen to "The Hiding Place" audio drama of Focus on the Family before you go for a deeper insight - both very well produced. Highly recommended!

Cape May, New Jersey
19 attraction reviews
“Sad Story But True”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We just happened upon a note about this place in one of our guide books on the Netherlands. One of the tours in English was offered at a time that worked with our schedule so we took the tour. Our guide, Mary, told us the story of how the ten Booms had had Jewish friends prior to the outbreak of the war. It just naturally followed that the family would hide Jews from the Nazis in their home. I won't tell you the whole story; but I will tell you that both my husband and myself we amazed at the devotion of Mr. ten Boom and his 2 daughters. Go take the tour. It is only about an hour. There is no charge, but the guide will request a donation at the end. No outside funding is received and the museum is run 100% by unpaid volunteers.

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
22 attraction reviews
“Enlightening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We happened upon a tour in English at the right time and are so happy we went. The guide was a wonderful woman who explained the history of the family and the circumstances and reasons why the ten Boom family did what they did. We were able to see where the family hid the Jews. It was the other side of the Anne Frank story, this family saved Jews, many in fact. I would recommend going, whether you are Jewish or not.

Floyds Knobs, Indiana
11 attraction reviews
“Oh how I wish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Well, the best laid plans...I was unaware of exact times of tours, if there are any. We arrived at the house for a short window of time. Arriving about 1:30 and the next tour listed on the door, was not until 3. Since the tour lasts an hour, it was impossible. Ive wanted to see the house for decades, and will be unlikely to return to Europe again. But just being there and seeing the outside was a dream come true. I guess that I thought there might be hourly tours. I will also add, if you haven't read The Hiding Place, do so. It's an amazing story.

Upland, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Historical home”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Interesting free sight. My husband enjoyed this one more than I did. I found it difficult to stay awake while sitting in the parlor, listening to the history of the house, but I mostly attribute this to the extremely warm weather.

Visited June 2013