“Nice if not for the weed fumes” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bagels & Beans
Gierstraat 49, 2011 Haarlem, The Netherlands (Centrum)
023-5514554
Improve this listing
Ranked #122 of 199 Restaurants in Haarlem
Neighborhood: Centrum
Neighborhood: Centrum
haarlemmermeer
“Nice if not for the weed fumes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Usually a nice place for a good coffee and a light lunch. Quite possibly the best bagels in the Netherlands.

This afternoon we walked out again because apparently it's now allowed to use weed on their 2 table terrace. That blows into the place and sticks around.

Shame, used to be one of my favourite stops for coffee and a treat, now it's going on the maybe list.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Chased out of the restaurant for not paying!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Been going here for years, the bagels and juices are good, coffee is not so great. Unfortunately just been chased out the restaurant for apparently not paying (when I did already pay) and got a very poor apology... Very embarrassing and won't be going back.

• Visited May 2013
The Netherlands
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I love Bagel & Beans in Haarlem. Just avoid going there Saturdays - it is too difficult to get a table.
The staff is nice and the bagels are great! The coffee is pretty good, but I usually take a chai latte.
I guess the only advice I would give the owner is - get bigger plates, it is difficult too eat the bagels from those small plates (without spilling on the table).

• Visited April 2013
“Nice and cosy!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I like bagels, so it was a pleasant surprise when we saw this little cafe. We took chocolate milk first and it was a real one! We were given big glasses of warm milk and a shot full of chocolate beans each.
The bagels were also good. We could choose from seven different types of bread. Cream cheese was also proposed in four different variations!
I think it is a nice alternative to tosti or burgers!))

Melbourne, Australia
“Perfectly acceptable for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

If you expect wonderful dining from a place whose name has "bagels" then you will be disappointed. If you expect a coffee and variations on bagels then you'll be fine. I can't comment on the coffee ( i had a juice) but the bagel was great. Some of the bagels are the "baked" variety (think a bagel shaped roll) and some are the authentic boiled bagels (my favourite).

The waitress could have been more interested - if she was bored by her job, she let it show. But I don't let that worry me. You shouldn't be disappointed. We finished with some oliebollen down the road from a van.

• Visited November 2012