“Too bad so don't waste your money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Zorba De Griek

Zorba De Griek
Leidsekruisstraat 16- 18, 1017 RH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
+31 20 6224697
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,775 of 2,414 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Frankfurt, Germany
“Too bad so don't waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

It started off promising with some good garlic butter and soft bread, the lentil soup was tasty, but then it all fell apart. Chicken gyros that were cold, moussaka that was hot but tasteless and a less than personable owner. I left feeling rather ill.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Devon
“Watch whilst your meal is prepared in front of you.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We came across this restaurant by chance (be prepared to 'run the gauntlet' from other restaurants owners plying their trade) One of the things we liked, was that no one was trying to drag us inside and we had time to peruse the menu. The chef quietly welcoming us and |i must say, his food was outstanding. Hubby and I go to Crete twice a year and really enjoy Greek food, and I've got to say that the chef's Stifado was the best I've every tasted and was so plentiful that I sadly could not finish all of it. Hubby had the Gyros plate , which was again plentiful and he loved it. Whilst waiting for our food we were served complimentary Greek bread with a herbs and garlic butter that was outstanding. This is a place to take things slowly, watch while Chef prepares your food in the open kitchen and enjoy the whole experience.

Visited January 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“Should be shot !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We fancied some Greek food and entered at our peril. Ordered a fixed menu for two. Were served some potted greek sauces with vine leaves that were so old they had dried out. After this awful starter we should have left but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Before our main came, the greasy, unshaven, dirty waiter took the rubbish out thru the front with bare hands, came back in and without washing his hands served us the main dish from the servery. It was pork on a big skewer that smelt suspicious. I cut off a small end piece and tasted it, it was off, then blood started pouring out onto the plate. I took it up to the so called 'chef' who gestured that he would cook us another skewer. I tried to explain that it was bad meat. He got extremely irate and called the waiter who explained the manager was out for 5 minutes and to wait. I did, after 10 minutes, I had had enough and was leaving and I would not pay for more than we had eaten. That pleasure cost me 35 euros. This restaurant should be closed down it defies all health & safety rules. It is a Biohazard. And yes!! whoever says this is anything but a disgrace must be drunk or high on local weed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“The worse food I have ever eaten”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The food is frozen and the overall quality is very bad. The stuff is rude and I've never seen the waiters teeth's. Spanakopitas were horrible and sour. One of the worse tourist traps I have ever set my foot on. Avoid this place!

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Zorba is a NO, NO for me!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My friends and I wanted to have a dinner in a restaurant not far from our hotel, because we were tired, we were a party of ten and it was raining.
Zorba seemed to be a good choice.
We ordered as starter: hummus that was extremely garlicky.
Main courses were: grilled salmon with salad and fries, and I asked for rice instead of fries. The waiter/manager/owner was very rude and arrogant and did not let me explain why I wanted rice instead of fries. Finally, when he brought my salmon, it had fries instead of rice. He changed it and gave a new one but to my surprise it had half the salmon my friends had in their plates. I did not complain, because the salmon was good -although I still was hungry after dinner-, but the salad was not good, and it had just two lettuce leaves, and a quarter of sliced tomatoe, and some drops of oil. Some of us ordered fish from the skewer and they liked it
I just wanted to go out of that dirty, smelly place.
I don't recommend this restaurant because apart from the food that wasn't that bad, the service was pathetic and terrible. The guy that manages this restaurant makes customers feel uncomfortable.