“Should be shot !!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Zorba De Griek

Zorba De Griek
Leidsekruisstraat 16- 18, 1017 RH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
20 6224697
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Poole, United Kingdom
“Should be shot !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We fancied some Greek food and entered at our peril. Ordered a fixed menu for two. Were served some potted greek sauces with vine leaves that were so old they had dried out. After this awful starter we should have left but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Before our main came, the greasy, unshaven, dirty waiter took the rubbish out thru the front with bare hands, came back in and without washing his hands served us the main dish from the servery. It was pork on a big skewer that smelt suspicious. I cut off a small end piece and tasted it, it was off, then blood started pouring out onto the plate. I took it up to the so called 'chef' who gestured that he would cook us another skewer. I tried to explain that it was bad meat. He got extremely irate and called the waiter who explained the manager was out for 5 minutes and to wait. I did, after 10 minutes, I had had enough and was leaving and I would not pay for more than we had eaten. That pleasure cost me 35 euros. This restaurant should be closed down it defies all health & safety rules. It is a Biohazard. And yes!! whoever says this is anything but a disgrace must be drunk or high on local weed.

• Visited December 2013

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“The worse food I have ever eaten”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The food is frozen and the overall quality is very bad. The stuff is rude and I've never seen the waiters teeth's. Spanakopitas were horrible and sour. One of the worse tourist traps I have ever set my foot on. Avoid this place!

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
“Zorba is a NO, NO for me!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I wanted to have a dinner in a restaurant not far from our hotel, because we were tired, we were a party of ten and it was raining.
Zorba seemed to be a good choice.
We ordered as starter: hummus that was extremely garlicky.
Main courses were: grilled salmon with salad and fries, and I asked for rice instead of fries. The waiter/manager/owner was very rude and arrogant and did not let me explain why I wanted rice instead of fries. Finally, when he brought my salmon, it had fries instead of rice. He changed it and gave a new one but to my surprise it had half the salmon my friends had in their plates. I did not complain, because the salmon was good -although I still was hungry after dinner-, but the salad was not good, and it had just two lettuce leaves, and a quarter of sliced tomatoe, and some drops of oil. Some of us ordered fish from the skewer and they liked it
I just wanted to go out of that dirty, smelly place.
I don't recommend this restaurant because apart from the food that wasn't that bad, the service was pathetic and terrible. The guy that manages this restaurant makes customers feel uncomfortable.

Galway, Ireland
“Good but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten much better gyros. The service was friendly and the prices wasn't high. Its in a good location close to Amsterdam main attractions.

Darlington, United Kingdom
“I loved this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Reading the previous reviews of this restaurant I can't really understand. My girlfriend and I found the food to be lovely. Convinced to go in off the street from the owner who was both friendly and quite charismatic. The sea bass was beautifully cooked and service was quick. Only quibble was that I ordered swordfish and it took nearly ten minutes for them to realize they didn't have any. Other than that the food was lovely and would rate it to friends and family. Really can't understand any of the previous reviews

• Visited August 2013